iPhone App: My BMW Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone App: My BMW Remote

UK launches a new app for our bimmers. Labeled “My BMW Remote”, the new iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad app, includes the remote functions of BMW Assist.

Here are some of the features available: Remote Door Lock & Unlock, Remote Climate Control, Remote Light Flash (remote control of configurable exterior light functions to locate the vehicle), Google Local Search (address destination search on the iPhone and transfer to the vehicle navigation system) and Vehicle Finder (display of current vehicle position on a map in the iPhone – for locating a parked car within a radius of up to 1,5 kilometers).

There are a few prerequisites to using this Apple App and they are outlined below:

its innovative services, BMW ConnectedDrive enhances the safety, comfort and infotainment of your BMW – for example with the services of BMW Assist.
    The remote functions of BMW Assist and the “My BMW Remote” app provide you with a connection to your BMW via the mobile phone network.

You want to activate the ventilation in your BMW before you reach your car on a hot summer day?

You are unsure whether or not you have locked your parked BMW and wish to lock it for peace of mind – without having to be close by?

The “My BMW Remote” app can be used exclusively by customers with an active BMW Assist contract. If you have not yet activated BMW Assist, you can do so very simply at your computer by going to www.bmw.co.uk/connecteddrive and then selecting the online application form.

The technical requirements for using BMW Assist are as follows:

Professional or Business navigation system with integrated Bluetooth telephone preparation.
    • Do you drive a BMW 7 Series built from October 2010?
    • Do you drive a BMW 5 Series built from October 2010?
    • Do you drive a BMW X3 built from November 2010?
    If so, you can use the following functions with the “My BMW Remote” app installed on an Apple iPhone:
    > Remote Door Lock & Unlock
    > Remote Climate Control
    > Remote Light Flash: remote control of configurable exterior light functions to locate the vehicle
    > Google Local Search: address destination search on the iPhone and transfer to the vehicle navigation system
    > Vehicle Finder: display of current vehicle position on a map in the iPhone – for locating a parked car within a radius of up to 1,5 kilometre.

Or do you drive any other BMW model built from September 2008*?

If so, you can use the following services:
    > Remote Door Lock & Unlock
    > Google Local Search: address destination search on the iPhone and transfer to the vehicle navigation system
    *Except X3 models built before September 2010 and Z4 models built before 2009.

The “My BMW Remote” app is available free of charge to you as a BMW Assist customer. Usage is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for mobility services with BMW Assist..

General questions on “My BMW Remote” app

What do I need to use BMW remote functions?
    > You require an active BMW Assist contract. You can take out such a contract on the internet at www.bmw.co.uk/connecteddrive > complete online application form > new application.

How can I activate the remote functions for my vehicle?
    > For details, please refer to the BMW ConnectedDrive portal (www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk) after you have taken out your contract, using the log-in data you receive by text message. Please go to Profile and Settings > My remote services > Activate remote services.

Is there a demo version of the app?
    > Yes, the app has a demo mode which allows you to find out about the remote functions.

Will it cost me anything to use the app?
    > No, costs are covered by your BMW Assist contract. The only costs incurred are those charged by your network provider for data connections.
    Source: bmwblog

Impressive!
    2008 325i coupe
    Stock

Comment

very nice

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
      E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
      E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
      E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
      E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
      E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
      E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
      E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

WoW !
        sigpic
        07' HFP Accord | Current
        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Nice :)
          sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
          E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
          E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
          E23 735i - Sold

Comment

iPhone: check!

New BMW: uggghhhh... Maybe someday!
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Awesome feature! I always forget where I parked my car in a mall parking and similar places.... Very frustrating!

Past Ride: E39 530i
              Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
              Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

Very nice.
                sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

[youtube]1bLsT9xQKF0[/youtube]

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                  Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Moe can u test this and make sure it works ? :P
                    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Couldn't find the app yet!!

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                      Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
                        Couldn't find the app yet!!
                        me neither!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X