BMW M5 wrecked while at dealer for service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW M5 wrecked while at dealer for service

An M5board member took his 2007 BMW M5 to a Texas-based dealership for a regular service appointment. A few hours later, the owner gets a call from the dealership which informs him that the M5 went through an accident. They stated that their tech took the car for a test drive and slid into a curb at 20 mph.

The wheel cracked, tire blown, front end needs a new paint job and the strut was cracked open. This was the official story.

The owner took the liberty to go check the accident site and found out that the 20 mph test drive was most likely a…fast drive that turned ugly.

Without taking any sides here, we will continue reporting some of the facts as described by the owner. The dealership estimated the cost for parts at around $2,500, without the paint job. Lawyers and insurance companies got involved, but the owner decided to take this matter a step further.

He took his M5 to another dealership which after carefully inspecting the car, they found a broken strut, borked inner brace, bent steering gear assembly, damaged rear suspension many instances of body damage, in total about $14,000 in parts and another $16,000 in labor.

The story is still developing and the owner continues to seek legal advice, hoping for a favorable result. We decided to hold off on the name of the dealership, but we reached out for an official statement and we will update the article as we learn more.
    Source: bmwblog

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9500/5.0.0.841 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/124)

Poor guy. Hope he gets a reasonable compensation.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

ouch!!! that would have hurt!

irresponsible stealerships!
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Damn!

Comment

i heared this story from the owner on the m5board!! damn dealer..if im in his situation, i ll not accept to repair it at all!! specialy if its free accedent free ride.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Dayuuuum! New car or it ain't worth it!
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

+1 fixing is not enough, a new car is the only accepted option
              I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

20 mph and all that damage?! Secondly, I see a spare tyre installed on the car or the real tyre has shrunk to look like a spare one? huh?!

Past Ride: E39 530i
                Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

this pic was taken by car owner and his thread hit more than 165,300 views and more than 430 replies!!! poor guy

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Wow, you guys should be happy knowing that AGMC isnt the only incompetent dealership :P
                    2008 325i coupe
                    Stock

Comment

BMW should be held fully responsible for this unless they have a loop hole somewhere in the really really fine print that the owner didn't read. And plus, hitting a curb at 20MPH will give your some nasty suspension damage, especially with our cars aluminum suspension components. But, it still wouldn't take out a fender, bumper AND hood (?) !!
                      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9500/5.0.0.841 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/124)

Originally posted by hiten86
                        Wow, you guys should be happy knowing that AGMC isnt the only incompetent dealership :P
                        :lol:
                        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

poor guy he should get a new car
                          any updates ?

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                          E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                          E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                          E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                          E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                          E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                          E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                          E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

yes they should give him a new one , repairing is not an option he should think about :thumbsdown:
                            sigpic

Comment

the owner situation not that good with the damn dealer!! :(
                              when i post my last one on 4/9/2010 his thread on m5board was almost 40 pages with almost 165,300 views not .....imagine its become 61 pages with 601 replies & almost 277,569 views!!!!!!
                              pooor guy

Comment

Working...
                              X