Lexus brings the “advertising war” to BMW, Audi and Mercedes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexus brings the “advertising war” to BMW, Audi and Mercedes

Last one to join the “advertising duel” in the automotive world is the Japanese luxury automaker Lexus. In their latest online adverts, Lexus is trying to make a strong statement to its direct competitors: BMW, Audi and of course, Mercedes.

BMW has been placing their bets on the “Joy” marketing slogan, Audi has been tooting their own horn with “Progress is beautiful”, and Mercedes claims its superior elegance, but Lexus comes to dis all of these statements with their own:” The Lexus Range. Where optional is standard”, a conclusion to the full message: “There’s NO JOY, NO PROGRESS, NO ELEGANCE, in paying extra for what should come standard”.

To bring support to their case, Lexus goes ahead and lists some of the optional features or packages available in the three German brands, but standard in the Lexus vehicles.

The message sent is clear and one has to admit, the visual representation is very clever, an interesting marketing approach to online advertising and they make these “advertising wars” even more appealing to all of us.
    Source: bmwblog

now that's a mature way of putting things into perspective.

"Mini go kill yourself"

Comment

:lol:
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

It'll be interesting to see the replies from the three german warlords. (If any)
        2008 325i coupe
        Stock

Comment

The cheapest way to advertising is to pick on one's rivals.

Comment

again...

inferiority complex

Comment

lol...well done by lexus!... use of statistics in a creative way
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

creative, but shows all that lexus are concerned about is catching up with the german giants..

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

+1 with haissam ^
                  sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                  E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                  E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                  E23 735i - Sold

Comment

No shame doing this if they share the same target audience in lots of their product segments.

It is really creative, hitting the killer insight of many of the people who are not deeply into any of these brands, and these are not few!

But for those who are brand loyal to any of these brands would prefer paying the extra over getting a Lexus, as for them it is far more than just options in a car..
                    M 'nM=my initials, charges with :///M:power, even not driving one..
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
                    e36 328i vert, e46 323 ci
                    Older rides: colt '95, punto '03, astra coupe '00

Comment

Working...
                    X