Exclusive Photos: BMW M8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclusive Photos: BMW M8

The M8-Prototype is perhaps the best-kept secret of BMW and for the first time, BMW has unveiled the on-off car in front of journalists at the BMW Museum in Munich. Despite several false reports in the past, the M8 prototype has not been destroyed by BMW and it still exists in a special facility in Munich.

While our complete and highly detailed story is in works, here are some quick details. The M8 was equipped with a V12 prototype engine based on the S70 engine, producing around 550 horsepower.

Compared to the 850CSi, the M8 prototype was also missing the headlights. The car features dual side vents at the rear wheel.

The M8 prototype also sits on special wheels, but more on the nifty details in the very near future.

For now, please enjoy exclusively, the first live photos of the BMW M8 prototype, shortly followed by videos and a full photo gallery.

bmwblog

Where ? What ? When ?

This is a good sign.... :)
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

the timing of unveiling this prototype makes me wonder if they're preparing everyone to a new M8 ;) i think they are!

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

God YES!!!!!

Comment

death to new cars.... and long live old designs!

sorry i couldn't hide my humble feelings

Comment

Can't stop staring at it !!!! :drool::drool:
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

Comment

I was in Virgin Megastore last night and a magazine with the E34 M5 Convertible on the cover caught my eye. So, I read the story and drooled like a child, then they mentioned that monster up there..And today, it shows up on our forums...I'm feeling good right now! GOD DAYUMN WHAT A GORGEOUS MACHINE !!!!
              They mentioned videos....That's a 12 ITB CF airboxed BMW MotorSport V12 lady's and gentlemen...I can't imagine the noise.
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

You can't handle the noise!

Comment

I've always loved the 8 series!!! And this one here is just plain amazing!!!
                  Mashallah!!!
                  sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

She's a beauty...

Comment

The best looking BMW ever!
                      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                        Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Looking at the engine makes you weak at the knees !!! Imagine listening to it approaching in 3rd gear at WOT :drool::drool::drool:
                        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                          Looking at the engine makes you weak at the knees !!! Imagine listening to it approaching in 3rd gear at WOT :drool::drool::drool:
                          +100000 !! FTW!
                          sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                          E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                          E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                          E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Just a spot light on the 850CSi...

[YOUTUBE]cS392MSQ6Rc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sYQow4N_0b0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]njaK6lx6nJc[/YOUTUBE]
                            sigpic
                            07' HFP Accord | Current

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp
                              Originally posted by Ayham View Post

I can't imagine the paranormal!

Comment

Working...
                              X