Now Hyundai Challenges MINI To A Duel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Hyundai Challenges MINI To A Duel

Are the MINI’s effective viral marketing skills turning against them? After successfully creating buzz all over the web with their open invitation to race the Porsche 911 Carrera S, the table has turned.

Hyundai, the South Korean company, challenges the MINI this time, with their Genesis Coupe model.

As Hyundai spokesman Dan Bedore tells Autoblog, “Since we launched the Genesis Coupe, we’ve always said that we’ll take on all-comers when it comes to comparison tests. And we’ve had some experience on the race track at Road Atlanta. We’d be happy to meet Mini on the race track.”

To make this “official” and viral as possible, Hyundai releases their own video.
    [YOUTUBE]vaiB_sHv7Ac[/YOUTUBE]

The invitation is for July and this could be quite interesting, especially since we are waiting for an official response from MINI. Will they go “dark” as Porsche did?
    Source: bmwblog

damn!

looks like the MINI guys have shot themselves in the foot :rofl2:

i must admit i love the new Genesis Coupe, particularly the V6 :drool: great value for money!

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
      damn!

looks like the MINI guys have shot themselves in the foot :rofl2:

i must admit i love the new Genesis Coupe, particularly the V6 :drool: great value for money!
      But, a friend of mine bought one from the Lebanese dealer and it was missing the Brembo brake package AND the LSD. Dealer said they're not to be on sale in the ME, my reaction ? WTF !!?? Is that the case in Dubai as well Hash ? Ow, and it cost'em 43,000$ for an auto V6....
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

here it has brembo but not sure about the LSD.. i think it's AED110k fully loaded

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

SSU, Bramans sister owns a genesis coupe and it has the brembos as a stock, not sure about LSD
          Last edited by SHkater; 19-06-2010, 11:47 PM.
          sigpic
          BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

What a rip off!!
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

:rofl:

Poor MINI.

This ought to teach them a lesson.
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
              X