Rendering: A look at what the BMW “i10″ Megacity might look like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rendering: A look at what the BMW “i10″ Megacity might look like

BMW Megacity vehicle is less than three years away, but the rendering game has already begun. Courtesy of Autoexpress UK, we have the first rendering of what they label as BMW i10. Part of a new BMW sub-brand, the Megacity lineup will be focusing mostly on electric vehicles, including two and three-wheeler models.

The vehicle in the drawing gets its inspiration from the 1-Series, but it could be mistaken for a miniature X6. The i10 is expected to use a powertrain very similar to the ActiveE concept that was show at the Detroit Auto Show back in January. The five-seater will be similar in size to the VW Golf, but the rear-wheel-driven car will be fully electric.

A lot of development on the Megacity vehicles will take place at the recently announced BMW plant in Moses Lake, Washington.

As part of the marketing plan for the 2012 London Olympics where BMW is an official sponsor, the transportation provider is likely to be some prototype versions of the new i-range.

Source: bmwblog

Hyundai already made an i10 !

Still, you can't blame them for going into this market segment. They need money and NA V10's aren't bringing any !!
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

:( BMW ....
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

this is interesting...

i love electric cars

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

like the profile and the concept of course...
          sigpic

Comment

I dedicate this thread to Ahmad al.khalil :rofl:
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

looool... why me?! I will not be forced to buy this!!! fingers crossed!

I will remain a true petrolhead... I will remain a true petrolhead... I will remain a true petrolhead *curled up on the floor rocking back and forth*

:D
              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                Hyundai already made an i10 !

Still, you can't blame them for going into this market segment. They need money and NA V10's aren't bringing any !!
                Some say they didn't put enough effort into the V10. They just glued 2 more cylinders to the existing 4L V8.

The V12 on the other hand is the best engine that BMW ever produced. I wish they would capitalise more on it.

The 4.4 V8 is also amazing. Even better than the 4.8 V8.
                sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Rendering and New Information on BMW Megacity Vehicle

In the current issue of German magazine Auto Bild, there are new information around the future BMW Megacity vehicle. With the launch of its Megacity Vehicle in 2013, the BMW will be bringing its first series-production electric-drive model to market.

The Megacity Vehicle will be a zero-emission urban car for the world’s metropolitan regions. It is currently being developed as part of Project i and will be available from 2013 under a sub-brand of BMW. When it comes to the choice of materials, the company is broaching entirely new territory. BMW believes that it has developed a radical, lower-cost, mass-market-compatible means of producing carbon fiber monocoque bodywork that will dramatically reduce the Megacity’s potential weight, improving not only its range but acceleration too. The driving range is said to be around 160 miles.

Today, Auto Bild brings out some new information around the vehicle. One of the variants to launch will be a two-door with four seats. The car measures approximately four meter long. The hybrid model with three-cylinder internal combustion engine weighs 950 kilograms and has a fuel consumption of 3 liters per 100km, or 78.5 MPG. The internal combustion engine comes into play only under heavy acceleration and at high speeds, therefore, extending the fuel efficiency.

BMW Megacity Rendering by Auto Picture

The Megacity is rumored to start at 19,000 euros.

Another variant of the Megacity vehicle is a two-door four seater all electric car. With a similar low weight, the electric Megacity comes with a driving range of 150-200 kilometers and will cost around 30,000 euros.

In addition to the aforementioned variants, according to Auto Bild, a two-door two-seater variant is coming as well. The car will play in the same league as the Smart ForTwo and Toyota IQ.

The largest model in the Megacity line-up will be a four-door with five seats vehicle which is suitable for families with children.

Initially, BMW plans to build 150,000 vehicles per year, under the 200,000 units produced in the MINI and 1 Series families.
                  Source: bmwblog

Comment

This shall be the perfect car for my wife. LOL!
                    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X