BMW preparing Compactive Sport Tourer and Advanced Sport Tourer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW preparing Compactive Sport Tourer and Advanced Sport Tourer

Note: Artist rendering used for illustrative purposes only.

Two MPV concepts will feature more passenger car-like styling than typical MPVs

BMW is developing two new sports tourer concept models which will be based on the 1-Series/3-Series.

The general idea is to get into the MPV game but without the stylistic drawbacks that won't jive with BMW's brand image as a maker of sporty, fun-to-drive cars.

First up is the Compactive Sport Tourer, which would be a four or five-seat hatchback with the comfort features of a compact MPV - high seating position and a roomy cabin - but styled more like a passenger car. Those are all the details we have and there are no early sketches available, so one can only try to imagine what a BMW hatch with a touch of crossover styling will look like.

Next up is the larger wheel-base Advanced Sport Tourer, which aims to offer seven-seat comfort to BMW drivers. Currently, a seven-seat option is only available on the X5 model. This will be a "wagon-oriented" MPV - probably made to take on the likes of the rather successful Ford S-Max which has shown a tendency in market studies towards pinching buyers from premium brands who opt for more space and a better set of options. Imagining a BMW entry into this segment is not easy - perhaps a 3-Series Tourer with some 5-Series GT-like bulk?

No news yet on when we can expect to see these concepts unveiled. It sounds like BMW is still at the very earliest stages of development.
    Source: WCF

Here we go again...
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

BMW Bosses admit targeting soccer moms after the big failure of the GT

Comment

They need to change their creative management. Perhaps some people from our club could do a better job.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

WHAT ON GOD's GREEN EARTH IS THAT PIECE OF CRAP?! my God... r they trying to piss us off?! this is just too much!
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

is that thing??/
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Maybe BMW hiered someone from Ford and now he/she is taking revenge.
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

!!!!!!
                sigpic
                07' HFP Accord | Current
                HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

that's not a good sign....................................

BMW history:
                  07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Working...
                  X