Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW N.A. bosses admit mistake launching 5-Series GT with V8

Only 1,143 GTs have been sold

BMW's North American sales boss, Rich Brekus, has officially confirmed the obvious - launching an overpriced, stylistically challenged, V8-powered, segment bender during a recession is a bad idea.

Speaking with Automotive News, Brekus said "The V-8 was probably not the right car to launch it with." His sentiments were echoed by Jim O'Donnell, BMW's North American CEO, who stated the company was "too ambitious with the 550 GT."

So how bad are GT sales in the United States? Not good, but a few notches above dismal. BMW managed to sell 1,143 GTs, which means it outperformed sales of the 2009 5-Series wagon but didn't meet initial expectations.

O'Donnell is hoping the situation will improve when BMW launches the 535 GT and the 550 GT xDrive but cautioned "This time next year, we'll tell you if it's successful or not."
    Source: WCF

that's what he's worried about?! putting a V8?! the car is the ugliest thing ever to hit the road from BMW... honestly I would actually take the hidious X3 over this crap!

seriously what where they thinking when they developed this piece of sh!t!!! :angry: thats how ugly I think this thing is!!!!
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

+1 to what Ahmad said.

I believe that the GT is not aimed at a market that is really interested in a V8. I am sure the 535GT will do much better.
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

some cars are just destined to fail I have seen it on abu dhabi road once only i think that dude is still regreting it.i donno if it is released here but am 100% sure it was the gt series what i saw coz it was that ugly to make me notice it!!
        sigpic
        :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.442 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/603)

This car was supposed to attract another kind of customers but i felt like bmw didnt take enough time to issue it the way they should have...looks like they said ok guys we need to make more money lets try wit this crap...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed.Sallam View Post
            some cars are just destined to fail I have seen it on abu dhabi road once only i think that dude is still regreting it.i donno if it is released here but am 100% sure it was the gt series what i saw coz it was that ugly to make me notice it!!
            Yes it has released here, i saw two of these in Al Ain, Im sure Abu Dhabi has got some too..

Comment

one Word.. "FAIL"
              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

I would not Buy this piece of Crap Even if it was for half price!
                sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

My God it's ugly! Stationary or moving from every angel.

Comment

ugliest car everrrrrrrrrrrrr........... put a 3-cyl engine on it coz the idiots who buy it know nothing about cars!

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I see the GT as BMW's answer to Pontiac's Aztek
                      ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Perhaps there was no need to answer that one.
                        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
                        X