Review: BMW X6 Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review: BMW X6 Performance

Our buddies over at Famous BMW bring us a review of the BMW X6 Performance. Recently, they were given the opportunity to test this vehicle that for some, it represents the ideal replacement for the much more expensive X6 M.

The BMW X6 with Performance Parts made its debut at the recent Geneva Motor Show. The sporting looks of the BMW X6 SAC are accentuated more than ever before by the Performance Aerodynamics Kit. The BMW Performance Aerodynamics Kit includes a more aggressive front bumper, side-sills and an insert for the rear bumper, all in special design and all finished in body color. The BMW Performance Aerodynamics Kit for the BMW X6 may also be supplemented by a rear spoiler, rear fins in matte black and a front grid finished in high-gloss black paint.

BMW Performance light-alloy wheels in Y-spoke design further optimize the dynamic driving potential and the striking looks of the BMW X6. Reduced in weight, these cast light-alloy 12-inch wheels stand out in particular through their roll-milled rim hump and exclusive twin-tone finish with a glossy outside surface, and Ferric Grey paintwork between the rims. A special production method reduces the weight of each wheel by approximately 1,500 grams compared to the conventional wheels of the same size.

And what about the power?

The BMW Performance Power Kit raises maximum output of the eight-cylinder with BMW TwinPower Turbo and High Precision Injection in the BMW X6 xDrive50i, by 30 kW/41 hp to 330 kW/448 hp. Peak torque is also upped by 50 Nm/37 lb-ft to 650 Nm/479 lb-ft. The twin-turbo six-cylinder power unit of the BMW X6 xDrive35i also sees an increase in maximum output by 15 kW/20 hp to 240 kW/326 hp, with peak torque increased to450 Nm/332 lb-ft.

Benefiting from the BMW Performance Power Kit, both models accelerate 0.2 seconds faster from standstill to 100 km/h (62mph). The BMW X6 xDrive50i model with the BMW Performance Power Kit records a time of 5.2 seconds, while the xDrive35i stops the clock at 6.5 seconds. Acceleration in gears from 80 – 120 km/h (50 – 75 mph) is 0.5 seconds faster in each model.

In our test, BMW X6 proved to be one of the sportiest SUV (SAC) currently on the market and its handling is nothing short of superb. The feeling of a sport sedan is very much alive in the X6 Performance.

However there are few problems that we would like to point out.

Our X6 was the xDrive35i model and the power feels somewhat short for the weight of this car. It is “thirsty” and yet not so fast. With an aggressive look near the M model of the X6, the best choice is the 50i. Its twin-turbo V8 and 448 horsepower are more than sufficient for the regular driver.

Starting in June 2010, BMW Performance also offers a sports exhaust system. Available as well on the BMW X6 xDrive50i and xDrive35i, this option stands out clearly through its chrome-plated tailpipes, at the same time offering even lower weight and a particularly striking sound pattern together with a further reduction of exhaust counter-pressure.

BMW Performance also offers attractive accessories for the interior design, again raising the sporting driving experience in the X6 to an even higher standard. As an example, all model variants of BMW’s Sports Activity Coupé may be equipped with a BMW Performance sports steering wheel with a flattened rim at the bottom and alcantara coating for optimum grip and a pleasant touch in all temperatures.

Overall, the BMW X6 with Performance stands out due to its “sex-appeal” and it certainly is a head-turner, as we observed in our short ride through Prague.

Source: bmwblog

:drool: :drool: it looks sexier than ////\/\ X6 :hide2:

Comment

That is one SEXY MOFO of a car!!! the rims are absolutely beautiful... very much like the R8 V10... but those are sexy as hell so I got no problem :)
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by akanso View Post
        :drool: :drool: it looks sexier than ////\/\ X6 :hide2:
        +10000000000000000000 :D

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
        E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

rims :bow:

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
          Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Absolutely awesome! :trophy:

I have always been a fan of the X6 concept. Its just that it costs too much.
            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Agree with all you!!! that is one sexy looking X6! it definitely looks better than the X6 ///M

WOW! that design shud have been for the X6 ///M ...love the two tone body color, the kit design is amazing....RIMS defo a rip off from the R8 V10, never the less better than the ///M rims... got more character to it...

job well done BMW!
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Nice.... :)

But I'm hating those rims, sorry !
                sigpic
                07' HFP Accord | Current
                HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post

:slap:

rims r sexy bro!!! car is awesome :luv:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post

:iagree:

Seen those rims on an X5 in Al Ain, believe me they dont look as good as they do in pics, a big :thumbsdown: for the rims from me..

Whereas overall the performance X6 looks like its got some potential

Comment

Working...
                    X