2012 BMW 135is spy photos on Nurburgring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 BMW 135is spy photos on Nurburgring

Spies in Germany caught these pics of the BMW 135is being put through the paces on the Nordschleife at the Nurburgring. The top shelf 1er is likely to be put into production, with some rumors saying it will be made instead of the M1.

Some published reports suggest that the 135is will feature a twin-turbo 3.0-liter inline-6 engine producing 326 PS (240 kW / 322 bhp), and up to 450 Nm (332 ft-lb) of torque. If true, this would represent a modest 6.6% boost in horsepower, and substantial 12.5% increase in torque over the BMW 135i. Look for both the seven-speed dual-clutch automatic with launch control and six-speed manual transmissions to be available.

These photos show a car with a bigger front bumper and larger grille element. The body appears to ride closer to the ground as accentuated by the larger side skirts and wheels on low profile tires nicely tucked into the wheel wells.

If produced, the 135is would most likely get more powerful brakes and a sport suspension, like the 335is. We wouldn't be surprised to see sport leather seating make an appearance as well.

Keep an eye on WorldCarFans for more information on both the BMW 135is and the BMW M1. We'll bring you news as soon as it develops.
    Source: WCF

...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

no M1 :D:D:D

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

The other thread on the M1 cud have been a case of mistaken identity...it might have been the 135is itself..

nevertheless

Should be a great car to drive :)
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

those fat wheels are lovely... surely M1 material

Comment

yea! but only if those wheels came with the car....

which most prolly it wont! :(
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

:///M: Materials !!
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

+1 check the Front Bumper.. :drool:
              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Working...
              X