Rendering: BMW 1 Series Gran Turismo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rendering: BMW 1 Series Gran Turismo

Another new addition to the BMW family is the BMW 1 Series Gran Turismo. Built on the next generation 1 Series platform, the 1 GT is rumored to launch in 2012. While most of the details are sketchy at the moment, there are quite a few details that funneled through our inbox.

The BMW 1 Series GT uses a new modular platform available for all the upcoming 1 Series models. The backbone of these models was designed especially for this purpose so every model can have a variation backbone, simply be moving suspension points and firewalls to areas that will benefit each vehicle. Corroborated with more parts sharing, this new approach will allow BMW to reduce even more the production costs.

BMW 1 Series GT will be a 5-door vehicle, a mix between a hatch, wagon and sedan. 1 GT will be 2 inches (5cm) longer than the 3-door and 5-door models, but it will sport an unique front-end. To reflect the Gran Turismo design, the 1 GT will have an elevated driving position, as seen in the 5 Gran Turismo.

Inside, the 1 Series GT should provide an alternative between two individual rear seats separated by a central console or the classic rear seats setup.The French magazine continues to speculate that the car will be powered by a four-cylinder turbo engine, developing anywhere from 204 to 240 horsepower. The first GT models are rumored to carry the 123i GT and 125i GT naming convention.

Hybrid variants are strongly considered and the second stage of BMW’s EfficientDynamics program will bring new options and technologies which will be implemented across the whole 1 Series portfolio, and not only.

Based on some of these preliminary information, the German folks over at AutoBild sketched out a rendering of what the BMW 1 Series GT might look like.
    Source: bmwblobg

:drool: I hope the 1er looks like dat!!!!....

AWESOME!
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

amazing...but the head lights look like the Lancer one :hmm:

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

+1 a bit lancer'ish

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

So who is actually bmw targeting with this car? A college guy with a dog?

Comment

I hope it looks like that... iss beautiful!!! :drool:
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
            X