BMW M3 Sedan to be Cancelled, 3-Series GT for 2013 - report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW M3 Sedan to be Cancelled, 3-Series GT for 2013 - report

BMW will be cancelling the BMW M3 Sedan when the next generation 3-series, codenamed F30, is released, according to Automobile Magazine. The company will continue to sell the M3 as both a coupe and convertible, with each getting a straight-six 3.0-liter twin-turbo engine producing 450 horsepower (336 kW, 456 PS).

In addition, the magazine says that the company will put the 3er Gran Turismo on the market from March 2013. That date coincides with the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. The GT will be one of five body styles for the car, including the sedan, wagon, coupe, and convertible, all due out between March 2012 and 2014. A shooting brake variant could also be released down the line.

Like the wagon, the GT3 is expected to get a long wheelbase providing more cargo space and legroom. A panoramic sliding glass roof may also be optionally available for both vehicles.

For the 3-Series, BMW will use four cylinder petrol and diesel engines that are both more powerful and fuel efficient than previous models. Engines range from 136 horsepower (101 kW, 138 PS) to 252 hp (188 kW, 256 PS).

Source: WCF
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

excellent it will become rare now

Comment

If this is true, the E90 M3 will definetely rise in prices.. But all in all, I dont think its production should be stopped, some people prefer the Sedan over the Coupe..

At the same time, M enthusiasts who prefer Sedans will all move to the M5s..

Comment

+1
        BMW will be cancelling the BMW M3 Sedan when the next generation 3-series, codenamed F30im i was really and still making my plans to had the M3 sedan in near future....

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
        E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

noooooooooooo!!!! wanted to actually buy one! when I have enough money of course! but the prices will shoot up now :cry:
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
            noooooooooooo!!!! wanted to actually buy one! when I have enough money of course! but the prices will shoot up now :cry:
            prices won't shoot up in this area....... they're rare over here because the coupe look 1000x better & people don't care about practicality when they own an M3 :D

BMW history:
            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Rare shmare the sedan is fugly without the facelift, plus it has got to be be the ugliest M design ever for the M3 on the E9x series. I'm amazed people are ignorant to the fact that BMW is still going to make a convertible M3 that weighs nearly 2 tons. BMW WTF!

Comment

lol What a good decision as the M3 Sedan looks :puke:
                sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Working...
                X