X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rendering! it can't have the same size of a 5series

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
      i'd rather wait 2 years....... still tooooooo early!
      +1
      it needs time to get used to it, for now it is a no but maybe later it will b a yes :D
      I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Excuse my ignorance but who does this rendering thing and how accurate to the end product are they usually?

Comment

NO !
          sigpic
          07' HFP Accord | Current
          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Renderings: 2012 BMW 3 Series F30

LeftLaneNews and Jon Sibal published new renderings of the next generation BMW 3 Series. Due out in 2012, the new 3 Series, dubbed F30, is shaping up to be one of the most technological advanced BMWs ever built by the Munich-based automaker.

Design wise, the new F30 3 Series Sedan will return to the “slimmer look”, but the proportions of a typical 3 Series remain, with squat proportions and short rear overhang. The overall exterior design is more toned and muscular, bringing some the aggressiveness and design lines seen in the recent models.

BMW is getting back to basics with clean uncluttered shapes, plus lower and wider kidney grille openings. The sedan model will feature shorter overhangs, but at the same time, a longer wheelbase, at least 1.5″ longer than the current generation. The F30 will sport a “pushing nose”, somewhat similar to the E89 Z4 front-end

The hood design will also most likely mimic one found in the Z4 and the new 5 Series, with more aggressive, but still fluent design lines. The 3 Series has its wheels pushed all the way out to the corners, which gives the car a great stance and muscular good looks.

The typical BMW glasshouse remains and in the new design, the 3D line above the Hofmeister Kink, as featured on the 7 Series, will be present as well. The rear flanks from the taillights towards the rear door, are left with a subtle line that links to the shape of the lights and the bootlid sculpture.

The front-fascia will receive a wider kidney grille, but slightly smaller than in the new 5 Series and less bold than the 5 GT. While not confirmed, the base design of the new corona rings headlights will remain and according to some sources, under each headlight unit there is a semicircle shape that in the center allows for a V shaped opening where the kidney grille is placed. There are still plenty of rumors floating around mentioning some CS Concept design cues being used in the F30 3er.

The taillights maintain the typical L-shape design that wrap around the corners.

BMW will also enable the next 3 Series to feature the very latest in Efficient Dynamics technologies, such as aerodynamically designed wheels , BMW active aerodynamics, solar roof panel for extra energy efficiency in the use of interior controls, brake energy regeneration , stop-start technology , pre-heating technology for the engine, gearbox and differential. Many of the technology powering the new 3 Series, such as the climate control system or telematics, will be completely re-engineered.

The expected range of powerplants includes 6-cylinder engines, complemented by a new range of 4-cylinder engines and possibly even a 3-cylinder variant for Europe.
            Source: bmwblog

Comment

Is BMW going to follow the Porsche philosopy now?

With all the models having the same look.
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Spy Video: 2012 BMW 3 Series Sedan

Due out in 2012, the new F30 3 Series, continues its testing runs on German soil, this time, around the famous Nurburgring track. Design wise, the 2012 BMW 3-Series Sedan returns to the “slimmer look”, but the proportions of a typical 3 Series remain, with squat proportions and short rear overhang. The overall exterior design is more toned and muscular, bringing some the aggressiveness and design lines seen in the recent models.

BMW is getting back to basics with clean uncluttered shapes, plus lower and wider kidney grille openings. The sedan model will feature shorter overhangs, but at the same time, a longer wheelbase, at least 1.5″ longer than the current generation. The F30 will sport a “pushing nose”, somewhat similar to the E89 Z4 front-end.

The hood design will also most likely mimic one found in the Z4 and the new 5 Series, with more aggressive, but still fluent design lines. The rear flanks from the taillights towards the rear door, are left with a subtle line that links to the shape of the lights and the bootlid sculpture.

The front-fascia will receive a wider kidney grille, but slightly smaller than in the new 5 Series and less bold than the 5 GT. The taillights maintain the typical L-shape design that wrap around the corners.

BMW will live under the umbrella of EfficientDynamics, and technologies like aerodynamically designed wheels, solar roof panel for extra energy efficiency in the use of interior controls, brake energy regeneration , stop-start technology, and pre-heating technology for the engine, gearbox and differential, will be incorporated into the new model.

The expected range of powerplants includes 6-cylinder engines, complemented by a new range of 4-cylinder engines and possibly even a 3-cylinder variant for Europe.

The car is rumored to be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2011.
                [YOUTUBE]O8d_8e4McVI&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Source: bmwblog

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                  Is BMW going to follow the Porsche philosopy now?

With all the models having the same look.
                  +1! If the title is not there, I would have easily assumed it's a 5-series!

Past Ride: E39 530i
                  Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                  Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

I'm afraid to say this, but I think the 3-Series is on route to loose it's identity...
                    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

[YOUTUBE]xGqybEL2FcA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

That should be the 335i Sedan ? :)
                      sigpic
                      07' HFP Accord | Current
                      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

I don't mind the look on the first set of pictures! The front looks high tech, and I'm sure in real life, it has the luxury sense not shown in the pic, ie looking like a lancer etc :)
                        And yes it seems like BMW is making all their cars look the same! I swear the other day, I was looking at a 7 series from far, day light, until I got closer to discover it's a 5 series! That's not the first time it happens! I might be going blind lol but they do look similar from far!
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

That thing looks huge... weird! but I imagine will be a looker
                          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X