Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New BMW Trademark Filings Signal Two New Model Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BMW Trademark Filings Signal Two New Model Series?

According to a recent report, BMW has filed a host of new trademark registrations.

First and foremost, BMW registered i1, i2, i3, i4, i5, i6, i7, i8, i9 and E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, E9. The company also applied for M 50 d, Urbanic, Gran Coupe, Compactive, and Compactive Tourer.

While details are limited, BMWBlog is reporting an inside source has told them the M 50 d is a tri-turbo diesel, the Urbanic is a Mega City trim level (or something similar), the Gran Coupe may be a four-door coupe 6-Series, and the Compactive / Compactive Tourer are sporty crossovers based on the 1- / 3-Series. The source also said the i's are for the Project-i sub brand and the E's are for BMW's eDrive models.

Regardless, BMW may never use the names. By simply registering them, they serve as placeholders (in case BMW decides to add new models in the future), legal buffers (to prevent competitors from trying to use a similar naming structure), and distractions (if competitors don't know which ones will be used, they have to make assumptions).

Source: WCF
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Cunning! But plzzzz, no more crossocvers :(

Comment

Theres no three-striped :///M: in there ?
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Gran coupe sounds good, whereas the E seems to be be registered for the Electric driven models..

Comment

interesting... thought they weren't doing so well financially?! they wanna build something freakin bring back the M1 DAMN IT!!!
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
          X