BMW adds news from CNN to BMW Assist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW adds news from CNN to BMW Assist

The online magazine The Diesel Driver reports that BMW is adding a CNN newsfeed to the BMW Assist system. Drivers now have access to different type of news from CNN, a feature comparable to the BMW Online system available in Germany that gives drivers access to news, along with unlimited web access.

Until now, the information services offered by BMW Assist were limited to weather, stock market quotes and fuel prices.

Since safety is a top priority for BMW, an advanced text-to-speech technology is used to related the news through audio to the driver. Each news articles is limited to to a couple of sentences, more like headlines review.
    Back in 2008, BMW became the first automaker to allow drivers to send destination information directly from Google Maps to their car, along with Google searches perform within the BMW Assist’ user interface.

The video below demonstrates the CNN news feature.
    [YOUTUBE]cUDIhsRo2GM[/YOUTUBE]

Source: bmwblog

hmmm thanks for the info , I used to have this option in my E60 M5 ... something called RSS , I have Aljazeera and Alarabiya as well :) ... ,, basically it's available in every I Drive car purchased from a bmw dealer and the car is used in the same country , RSS news - BMW online assist and email access .. ;)

Comment

Working...
    X