From a recent Auto Motor un Sport interview with Ludwig Willisch:
    1. "No market for a BMW M3 Touring"

2. "No BMW M3 CSL" "... at the moment"

3. "The 50% of the US market chooses BMW M3 in manual gearbox"

4. "No BMW M supercar coming soon (BMW M1)"

5. "M versions of the BMW X5 and X6 will come" "will hit the market end of
    next year"

6. "Ceramic brakes will come as an option on several BMW M models"

Interesting that there will be an "M" version of the X5 and X6, since they said it will never happen
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

MX5 & MX6 kinda beat the whole concept of the M car...

But I'm all for the ceramic brakes! Hope they won't cost like Ferrari's; AED100K!! Yikes!

Comment

no M3 CSL hmmmm

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

For now... I'm guessing it's going to be too expensive to make it lighter because of how heavy the new one is
        ...petrolhead

Comment

ceramic brakes ! sweeeet!

mX5? mX6??

wonder what that'll be like !
          2008 325i coupe
          Stock

Comment

BMW M GmbH: Priorität liegt auf neuen Segmenten Wirtschaft + Handel bei auto motor und sport

(English Translated)

What is the role of the BMW M GmbH, and how important it is for BMW AG?
            Willisch: We are a small-volume manufacturers, whose special focus on the topics of sportsmanship and dynamics. In addition to the BMW M cars, we all activities of BMW Individual equipment and offer our highly successful BMW driver training. This is the M GmbH or a kind of epicenter spearhead for BMW - we have a crucial role in the brand values.

How much units to supply M vehicles annually - and where is your personal goal?
            Willisch: In the last fiscal year were due to the model change in the M3 around 16,200 copies, in the peak year of 2002, we do sell 26,800 units. This figure, certainly something up, we aim within the next five years. In addition, we provide about 20,000 individual vehicles.

Volume model of the BMW M GmbH is the M3, as the coupe, convertible and sedan offer - here it also the most developed depth. If it is the waiving any M3 Touring, and when will the M3 CSL?
            Willisch: On the M3 actually accounts for about 65 percent of our volume and our development depth is almost 80 percent. A M3 Touring I agree to remain relevant market analyses, the same applies - from today's perspective - for a M3 CSL.

For the M3 optionally offer the first double-clutch gearbox from BMW - what do you order rates?
            Willisch: On average, it should be around 70 percent, but this varies from country to country. In the U.S., by far our most important market, will continue probably 50 percent of the customers remain loyal to switch hands.

BMW now occupied convincing the issue Efficient Dynamics, with the CO2 emissions significantly reduced. Is it for the M GmbH, will also downsizing concepts into reality - for example in the next M5 no V10, but a supercharged V8 to construction?
            Willisch: We examine all options. It looks really as was the trend towards smaller, supercharged engines to us not over. This, however, we must remain authentic, the nature of the M vehicles must not be diluted. For the customers is one of the most important purchase arguments. That is: We stay in engines, which rotate much higher than the engines of the series-BMW cars - but they are never a Formula 1 level.

Will diesel models of the M GmbH?
            Willisch: We do not generally include diesel and for all times. But the medium term, there is no such intentions.

Meanwhile, almost all M models to the top. But not quite ...
            Willisch: Maximum speed is not a development goal! M5 and M6 are available on special request for a 305 km / h abgeregelten maximum speed. The M3 can be compared with a peak of 280 km / h order. Part of the 2,450 euro expensive package is a BMW driver training.

Why do you not have any ceramic brakes?
            Willisch: We are working on it. They will in the foreseeable future in some of our models as an option to have.

The fourth model series, with an M version crowned, is the detachment standing before the Z4. Will it remain such a variant? And close the sevens series continue?
            Willisch: A M7 on the basis of the new Siebeners close we are - while we expect significant growth in the equipment through the BMW Individual. At the Z4 is questionable whether to remain an M version worthwhile. The priority is on the other, so far we do not use segments.

They believe the X5 and X6 models, which are still heavily disguised test their rounds off. From what kind of order volume go for?
            Willisch: It is true also for these vehicles can I use the existence of the Nurburgring Nordschleife not deny. The BMW M GmbH is working effectively in such projects, but the earliest the end of 2009 on the road experience. They should be stückzahlmäßig in the field of M5.

That would be the first allradgetriebenen cars, the M GmbH. Even they are not equipped with a V10, but with around 460 horsepower, supercharged eight cylinders to be ...
            Willisch: I feel your skepticism, but be assured: These vehicles will be sufficient lateral and Längsdynamik offer! When the engines so you can see already in the program of BMW AG, that a well-made turbo V8 really can not hide.

Remains the question of a sports car above the M6. On the Villa d'Este you have gathered the public the mouth with a waterborne M1 model.
            Willisch: That was a very nice exercise but without serial relevance. In the foreseeable future, with a super sports car can not be expected. We must not fritter, we currently have many projects to lift - for example, the Concept CS, the BMW M GmbH to the serial car is being developed. But you should be as a vehicle, as you've got in mind, not lose sight of.

And what about the bottom of the program - when, with an M version of a Einsers, such as with a supercharged four-cylinder to?
            Willisch: For us it would be technically no problem, we have lots of imagination. But now I see next to the 135i does not make as big market, which is a special model of our company would justify. And what is not calculated, we have ruled out - and we all future developments closely and timely analysis.
            ...petrolhead

Comment

M has lost its way... M SAVs instead of the M3 CSL, M 1er... It's like Porsche doing the Cayenne and Panamera.

BMW shouldn't look at what other manufacturers are doing in terms of profit (like Porsche) and many models like Mercedes Benz
              ...petrolhead

Comment

Yea you think but what are you going to do?? :(

Good then, I see my E46 M3 value sky rocketing in a couple of years...

Comment

Ayham, just noticed the picture in your sig with the white BMW. what the heck is that car in front of the BMW?

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

That's a mobile laundry-equipped EVO 9 :)

Kiddin', that guy was fast!!

Comment

If I didn't know better, I'd have thought that it was my Evo, except that mine had the APR wing. Think I have seen that Evo before. It's running a big turbo, and very fast on the straights. Don't recall it completing a full track evening session without pitting due to temp problems though...

or it might be another evo and not the one I have in mind :)

Comment

This one ran the full 3 sessions problems free, which really impressed me...It was back firing on downshifts if it'd make u remember better, BRIDE seats too.

Comment

oooh, THAT one. Yes, it is quick :)

Comment

Working...
                          X