2012 F10 BMW M5 Renderings and New Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 F10 BMW M5 Renderings and New Information

In our opinion, one of the most exciting BMWs coming out in the next two years, is the redesigned, revamped, reinvented F10 BMW M5. While many of us are still die-hard fans of the current E60 M5, progression and technology advancement has to follow a normal path, and the new BMW M5 promises to deliver that.

The new 2012 BMW M5 is rumored not to be one of the best M to date, and the fastest of course, but also it will incorporate plenty of “green technology”, as part of BMW’s future plans and investment in the EfficientDynamics program. BMW plans to use several new technologies and a KERS system that will put the new M5 ahead of the current model, both in performance and fuel efficiency. With the new model, BMW Motorsport estimates a 20% cut in CO2 emissions.

An updated version of the engine found in the BMW X5 M and X6 M will make its way into the F10 M5. The 4.4-liter V8 twin-scroll powerplant will peak at 578-horsepower and 530 lb-ft of torque, 60 horsepower more than the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG, but the same as the Audi RS6.

The car is rumored to feature a modified version of the M3’s M-DCT system, but a second transmission option might be offered as well.

The 0-62 mph dash should take about 4.4 seconds, even though enthusiasts expect lower number. Top speed will be an electronically limited 155 mph, but with this removed the new M5 should top out at 188 mph.

To keep the weight down, BMW will make extensive use of carbon-fiber and aluminum parts, starting with the a carbon-fiber roof. The car’s construction will be a hybrid of an aluminum spaceframe for the front section and a traditional steel monocoque for the passenger compartment and rear. Up front will be an independent suspension with MacPherson struts, with a multi-link layout for the rear.

The F10 BMW M5 will be unveiled at the end of this year with a debut at the Geneva Motor Show in 2011; sales will follow shortly after.

Updated with a new rendering from Autobild

Source: bmwblog

in pic2...its the exact bumper used in the e92 m3...! I dont think thats how its gonna look...

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
    Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

^ I agree! but man this M5 will look amaaaazing! I love the back already!
      sigpic
      Audi R8 - White / Blk
      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

WOW, looks way better than the E60 M5, that one was just too bloated to move!! This looks sportier in my opinion....Gona be a looker when it's out!

Past Ride: E39 530i
        Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
        Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

Let's wait for the final result to judge the F10 M5 ! :)
          sigpic
          07' HFP Accord | Current
          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

I'm with Moe on the front... irrespective of that it does look STUNNING!
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

I love it overall - but i hate the side grills...

Project DVS
              Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
              CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

Looks promising !!! Can't wait !
                Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Looks to me like a mixture of 7ser + 3ser, i love the carbon roof and cant wait to see the new side mirrors :drool:

Comment

i want! i want when i see! i want when i no see! i just want!
                    2008 325i coupe
                    Stock

Comment

I am really love it and I hope to be my next

about the egine it will be same of the x6 m engine ????

Currently Own:
                      -2009 BMW 335i
                      -2007 BMW 540i
                      -----------------------
                      follow me in twitter
                      @MANSOOR335I

Comment

Nice I love it
                        sigpic
                        Current : F30 335 Alpine white

Comment

Originally posted by w7dawe335i View Post
                          I am really love it and I hope to be my next

about the egine it will be same of the x6 m engine ????
                          :read:

this article says the engine will be an upgraded version of the X5M/X6M engine producing 578bhp, but this figure is just speculation and might change :)

BMW history:
                          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Another interesting rendering :drool:

Comment

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Comment

Working...
                              X