2011 BMW 135i Coupe and Convertible get twin-scroll N55 3.0 liter engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 BMW 135i Coupe and Convertible get twin-scroll N55 3.0 liter engine

BMW’s EfficientDynamics philosophy continues with the 2011 135i Coupe and Convertible models which feature the company’s latest twin-scroll turbocharged 3.0-liter inline six cylinder engine. Both models will feature the 7-speed Double-Clutch Transmission (DCT) as an option.

The new six-cylinder (N55 designation) develops maximum output of 300 hp at 5,800 rpm, with peak torque of 300 lb-ft available all the way from 1,200–5,000 rpm. This is the same level of performance as the current 3.0-liter twin-turbo six-cylinder but with the innovation of twin-scroll technology and the integration of VALVETRONIC throttle-less intake technology, this new engine promises even better throttle response and even more fuel efficiency. Thanks to VALVETRONIC, VANOS, and the twin-scroll turbocharger housing, peak torque is reached 100rpm earlier than with the previous engine, and engine boost response is improved across the entire engine speed range.

In order to enhance the sporting character of the optional 7-speed Double-Clutch Transmission, the shift paddles now feature dedicated paddles for upshifting and down shifting. The driver now pulls the right paddle for upshifts and the left for down shifts. Manual shifts may also be accomplished via the console mounted e-shifter.

Harman Kardon Surround Sound System replaces HiFi System Professional as the upgrade sound system option.

The 2011 BMW 135i Coupe and Convertible will go on sale in the United States as 2011 models in Spring 2010.
    Source: bmwblog

Now we're talking ! :D
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

finally they changed the paddleshift mechanism

Comment

nice!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Must....find....out....about....throttle-less....intake!

Or I'll explode!!

Comment

^^ :rofl:
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

more electronics...

it is just like 3.0 e36 m3 engine and 3.2 e36 m3 engine

i like the one with single vanos better

so does everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post

Must....find....out....about....throttle-less....intake!
                You're concerned about the intake whereas im concerned about the LSD !

Any info if the new one will be equipped with an LSD, feedback anyone

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

^ unlikely..

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post

^ unlikely..
                    :thumbsdown:

Comment

Quifa ATB FTW

1700 US Dollas...best bang 4 the buck

Comment

wow really i love this car
                        sigpic
                        Current : F30 335 Alpine white

Comment

Working...
                        X