Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally the New BMW 5 Series F10 Official Press Release !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally the New BMW 5 Series F10 Official Press Release !!

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324662

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
    Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Press Release and Official pictures

It’s official, the all-new 5-Series is here! A consistent class-leader since it was introduced back in 1972, the sixth-generation of the ‘5’ promises to be every bit as revolutionary as its forbearers. Auto Express was at an exclusive unveiling of the car in Munich to bring you these first official images and all the details that matter.

With this car it’s clear that BMW has put the Chris Bangle days behind it. The controversial ex chief designer brought his unique brand of love it or loathe it styling to the last 5-Series, but BMW has kept things more conventional this time around. Gone is the awkward boot lip, replaced instead by cleaner lines and tidy proportions, with only two main creases running along the side of the car.

In the flesh the low bonnet and shark-like nose give it a sportier and more elegant look than the formal styling of the outgoing model. In fact it appears more like a bigger brother for the 3-series than a down-sized version of the 7-Series we all expected. Something which Adrian van Hooydonk , design chief for the BMW Group claims is a coincidence: “It looks closer to the 3-Series because we’ve taken a sportier direction with the design. In turn, the design for the new 3-Series will have to be even sportier,” he revealed.

A wheelbase of 2,968 millimetres, the longest in its class, translates to an additional 13 millimetres of leg room in the rear – just one highlight in a much improved cabin. The trademark angled centre console – puts the focus firmly on the driver, while an optional glass sunroof floods the cabin with light. The major design cues, such as the widescreen display and black-panel technology, which appears to be a piece of interior trim when the air-con is not in use and lights up magically when you turn it on, are lifted from the 5-Series GT. But whereas the GT focuses on light and space, the 5-Series is a cosier cockpit-style affair, hinting at its dynamic capabilities.

The engine line up includes four petrol and three diesels. Stop-start is included as standard on the 520d, predicted to be the biggest seller in the UK, while a new eight-speed auto transmission with wheel-mounted paddles can be ordered as an option over the six-speed manual, or comes as standard on the range-topping 550i.

With CO2 emissions of 132g/km and 56.5mpg the four-cylinder 520d is the most frugal 5-Series ever. It’s joined in the diesel line up by two six-cylinder units – the 525d and 530d. Both 3.0-litre single turbo engines, they produce 201bhp and 242bhp respectively with the more powerful of the two still returning a creditable 44.8mpg.

Three straight-six petrol engines are offered – the 523i, 528i and 535i, all of which feature direct fuel injection. The two former are naturally aspirated, while the 535i is turbocharged resulting in 302bhp and a 0-60mph sprint in just 6.0 seconds. But if even more power is a priority, the range-topping 550i, featuring the 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 from the 7-Series, offers just that. Despite packing 401bhp and peak torque figure of 600Nm, the 550i is capable of 27.2mpg.

While the styling might have been toned down, BMW hasn’t dulled its focus on the 5-Series being a car for keen drivers. New double-wishbone suspension at the front is said to strike the best balance yet between handling and comfort, while the Drive Dynamic Control system allows drivers to modulate throttle, steering and gearbox setting via four modes – Comfort, Normal, Sport and Sport+. The chassis is 50 per cent stiffer than the old model as well, for an overall weight penalty of only 15 kg.

For the UK market, standard equipment will be more generous than ever. All models now come with leather upholstery, automatic air conditioning and Bluetooth connection as standard. Among the myriad options, customers can specify a park assist system, collision warning with auto brake and 360 degree surround cameras which give a bird’s eye view of the car on your display, for negotiating especially tight gaps and spaces.

Despite the additional standard kit, the 520d’s price tag has only risen by £735 over the model it replaces. Further up the diesel range the 525d and 530d start from £32,380 and £36,300 respectively. The petrol line up begins at £30,560 for the 523i, climbing to £36,290 and £49,440 for the 535i and 550i respectively. The newcomer hits showrooms on March 10 minus the 520d, which follows in June.
    [youtube]LmHnir9EOeA[/youtube]

Update, more pics:______________________________________

[
    Last edited by SSense; 25-11-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

It's something unexpected at all, I will judge it on roads...
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Looks like a cross between a 3er and 7er
        ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

i like it in some pics & hate it in others...... i'll wait to see it in white & black to judge ;)

but definitely makes the E60 look outdated :)

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Looks closer to the e39 than to e60. It looks rly heavy and lazy tho =/
            sigpic
            BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]TUUxKZffoxM[/YOUTUBE]
              sigpic
              07' HFP Accord | Current
              HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

Comment

i dunno but i have a feeling that when i c it in real life it'll look nice !

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

550i is interesting !

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...ol_engine.html
                  sigpic
                  07' HFP Accord | Current

Comment

For some reason, the rear looks small for the car :S
                    It's going to be really tough to mod these in anyway...

Project DVS
                    Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
                    CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

rear remind me pretty much of the E90 3 series sedan... mmmmm i dont like it (rear) :-$ sorry guys !
                      Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
                      Majeed Photography

Comment

It has a mysterious personality .. I love the car, pictures are not giving the car its deserved touch !
                        Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                        Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                        Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                        Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                        1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                        eMail:
                        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

In my opinion this looks like one of the best 5 series BMW ever came up with, trust me the M5 is going to be very interesting and monsterous :drool:

Loving it !

Comment

Updated the first post with many more pics !

Comment

MAMA MIAAA!! :drool:
                              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X