BMW Concept 6 Superbike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Concept 6 Superbike!

Some of the people on these boards already know that I've gone haywire about bikes and that I'm laying plans for a license and currently window shopping for a bike.....This has lead me to follow the internet for bike news and eventually stumbled across the BMW Concept 6 .

The inline-Six is the engine type that best represents the great tradition of BMW in the automotive world. Indeed, the company has a special touch in developing highly sophisticated inline-Sixes capable of delivering supreme performance with total reliability.

For the first time, the auto icon migrates to the motorcycle shop to provide ultra-smooth motivation for the next-generation super-tourer. The first taste of the things to come was delivered at the Milan Show in the form of Concept 6, a sleek and very impressive prototype that unveiled what this engine will look like: a K1300 Four with two additional cylinders. All six cylinders are canted forward 55 degrees as on the K-bike; cylinder-head design also corresponds.

BMW announced that its inline-Six will be about 4 inches narrower than any previous motorcycle engine of this type. Displacement will be in the region of 1600cc with the same power level of the present K1300S but with torque that is far superior both in peak value and curve profile. How about 96 foot-pounds at 2000 rpm? Maximum power should come at about 9000 rpm—without a single vibration. To find the room needed to rationally route the exhaust system, engine lubrication is by dry sump.

This impressive engine is harnessed in a chassis that also liberally draws from the K1300. Duolever front and Paralever rear suspension are used. Nissin six-piston front brake calipers are teamed with massive discs to ensure the stopping power that such a bike deserves. Styling is pleasant and elegant, if a little ostensive in the arrangement of the exhaust system. Though no dimensions have been released, the bike looks surprisingly compact. Even so, it reminded me of the wild concept bike created by the men at Chrysler around the Viper V-10 engine.
    Hopefully it sees the light!!

:drool::drool::drool:
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Now this looks mean :drool:

Comment

Comment

Now that's a LOT more like it... a bike that actually looks good :drool: and sounds impressive!!!

hopefully will be produced!
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            Some of the people on these boards already know that I've gone haywire about bikes and that I'm laying plans for a license and currently window shopping for a bike.....This has lead me to follow the internet for bike news and eventually stumbled across the BMW Concept 6 .

Hopefully it sees the light!!

saykal patan is more than enough for you :rofl:

on serious note, bmw bikes cost more than they really are worth

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
              saykal patan is more than enough for you :rofl:
              :laughhard:

Comment

Damn thats Hott !!! , I was thinkin of gettin a bike too, but i think with how ppl drive here it would be just wrong !!!!
                From Wat I've Done, Is Who I've Become ..

Comment

Shurrup ya'll!! Bruno you won't catch a ride when it's time...

Adam, I'm game that we do the license together next year...Will hook you up with the best riders in the country in due time ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                    Shurrup ya'll!! Bruno you won't catch a ride when it's time...
                    :rofl: ayham riding a patan bike with a basket next to the steering wheel is priceless... :rofl:

Comment

:rofl: ayham riding a patan bike with a basket next to the steering wheel is priceless... :rofl:
                      Keep it up!!

Comment

Lol :hide:

Comment

guys plz cant stop smilling.......:) sorry president :yessir:

i like the exhaust system and suspension as well......its look amazing ..

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Bruno Dayman Mo3ared !! :laughhard:
                            I Love it ... Cant Wait to see it on the Streets :)
                            sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                            E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                            E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                            E23 735i - Sold

Comment

I loooooove this bike! amaaaazing!
                              sigpic
                              Audi R8 - White / Blk
                              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                              X