NEXT M5 IS NA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEXT M5 IS NA

Release summer / autumn 2010 according to article in German Auto News and BMW M 25 Year Anniversary of the BMW M5.

I'm not 100% sure how to judge the quotes from the German text but it seems that there might be truth in this.

Auto-News -> 25 Jahre BMW M5: Business Sport – Alle Modelle auf der Nordschleife (Nachricht)

English Google Translation:

A successor will be

The new generation of the BMW 5 Series will be presented in November 2009. The M version is still a bit slow in coming - in the summer or autumn of 2010, it might be ready. Information about new business-understatement-there are hardly any cars. Still, Dr. Kay Segler, head of M GmbH, tells us: "We want to achieve fuel consumption reduction of 20 percent." On the north loop, we then proceed with more in a single piece: an anniversary M5. To questions about the car, we are cultivating silence - but we must go along, Claudia Hürtgen sits at the helm. The Special-M5 ballert off without traction interruption - apparently believes that a new version of the already deployed in the M3 seven-speed dual clutch transmission, now also the torque of an M5 engine. This finding is expressed by us Hürtgen uncommented. The motor rotates up to 9,000 rev / min high and feels after 600 hp. In the next few descendants in 1985 in Amsterdam featured stealth M5 we are already looking forward.

wow, this is intresting, but where did u got it from????

Comment

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...nsumption.html

And this is the original source, but you'd have to speak German:

http://www.auto-news.de/auto/news/an...d=25491&page=3

Comment

my money is on twin-turbo........ i even think bmw made a mistake in keeping the E92 M3 NA :)

the F10 550i will get the 4.4TT engine with over 400hp so if the F10 M5 gets an NA engine then with a simple tune + exhaust the non-M kills the M on the straights (same as the E9x 335i vs E9x M3).. i know M's are not only about that to the real enthusiast, but to 90% of potential owners it's about straight line acceleration..

i used to love my M & its NA S54, but to bmw it's time to move on & play the horsepower game with the competition :)

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

i wish that ! and also wish they could go back to manual tranny !

Comment

A spark of hope...I hope.
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

NA FTW ! I hope this is true and the M5s remain as they're supposed to be..

Comment

Inshallah..
                sigpic
                BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Working...
                X