BMW Vision EfficientDynamics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rendering: 2015 BMW Vision Supercar

Considered by many the sensation of last year’s Frankfurt Auto Show, the BMW Vision Concept makes another comeback, this time, in a rendering form illustrating a production model based on the concept bodystyle.

As seen in previous renderings, some changes occurred to the concept design. The stunning glass side doors have been replaced by regular suicide doors since industry regulations are very strict when it comes to passengers’ safety.

BMW Vision Concept is the latest implementation of the EfficientDynamics philosophy. The hybrid powertrain provides a top speed limited electronically to 155 mph, with acceleration to 62mph (100 km/h) in 4.8 seconds.

The power and performance are made possible by combining a fuel-efficient 1.5 liter 3-cylinder turbodiesel with one electric motor on each axle. The intelligent combination of these units, together with precisely controlled energy management, simultaneously enhances the dynamic performance and the efficiency of the car. Overall system output is 356 horsepower, and peak torque is 590 lb-ft.

Design wise, the chassis and suspension of BMW Vision EfficientDynamics are made completely of aluminum; the roof and the outer skin on the doors are made almost completely of a special polycarbonate glass automatically darkening as a function of the light shining on the car. Measuring 181.1″ in length, 74.8″ in width and 48.8″ in height, this unique concept car offers ample space for up to four passengers and their luggage. Thanks to the consistent lightweight construction strategy applied on the car, curb weight is 3,076 lb.

While never officially confirmed, the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics has been rumored to follow up with a production version and the testing process continues behind closed doors at a BMW facility in France. A group of selected journalists will be invited this summer to spend some time behind the wheel of this innovative concept.
    [Source: Road and Track | Larson ]
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

me likey!
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Ali : imagine i come to visit you in Alain with one of these ... wouliiii

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
          Ali : imagine i come to visit you in Alain with one of these ... wouliiii
          Anytime buddy :yippy:

But pls fix the doors and then come or else dont.. I hate Lambo doors on any BMW

Comment

[youtube]iPVmWAUv2cg[/youtube]
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

now its real future!!!! i like every single detail on it

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

That thingi is HOT!!!
                sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
                X