“BMW i-Setta” - A fourth BMW Brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“BMW i-Setta” - A fourth BMW Brand

After months of debates and strategy planning, sources close to BMW confirm that a fourth BMW Group brand will be formed. It will be marketed under the name “i-Setta” and the megacity vehicle will be sold under this new brand. Quoting the source, “i-Setta” will be a reimagining of the original cult classic using today’s and tomorrows technology to provide urban mobility and sustainability in a lovable modern design wholly inspired by the original.”

Sounds fancy? Sure does and in our opinion, this is the best solution that BMW could have chosen in this current economic climate. Creating a new and fourth brand that focuses on electric/fuel efficient cars, will allow BMW to maintain their image of a sport luxury automaker without diluting that brand.

The i-Setta brand will allow BMW to create the Megacity vehicles that are geared towards congested cities. The same source confirms that within the MINI brand, a new electric vehicle will be also sold under the name MIN-i.

An Isetta/i-Setta marketing campaign has already started today when a new image campaign was launched by the BMW Museum.
    [youtube]SA5hES5Diew[/youtube]

Source: bmwblog

that should be interesting... will they keep this original design in mind when producing the new one though?
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

A modern design will be inspired from the original Isetta design..

Comment

:iagree: they should keep the concept of the initial design same as the rest

Comment

This is nice.... :D
          sigpic
          07' HFP Accord | Current
          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

This should be interresting...
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

how similar is this to the smart concept?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                how similar is this to the smart concept?
                Be patient and lets wait until they reveal the design, will keep you tuned :)

Comment

Well the ad is certainly beautiful...I petty the fool who'd buy one here!! Will be squashed like a bug, probably by a Cruiser.

I don't believe the Middle East is a target market..

Comment

^ +1
                    sigpic
                    07' HFP Accord | Current
                    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

+2

Comment

the idea behind cars like this one WAS economical cars
                        but i am sure the new one will be far from economical from price point of view same like the mini and the beetle, their new generation has nothing to do with the older ones
                        the isetta will be another fancy car just with a ridiculous shape that goes back to an older generation
                        I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Girls feel Isettas are really very cute, you never knw, female gender might be a target market..

Comment

the smart is not that better than this :wired:

Comment

isetta was fugly , sure the new resurrection will be fugly as well

Comment

Working...
                              X