BMW F01 M7 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW F01 M7 ?

We don’t usually get frustrated with BMW related news and we enjoy reading them from different sources as well, but when the same topic comes up twice in a week, we feel that we have to step in and clarify them.

Last week, some photos of the supposed BMW M7 made their way onto the web and everyone jumped to report that we are looking at the first Motorsport model based on the 7 Series. We obviously didn’t fall for it, for several reason and we immediately reported that we are looking at a 7 Series model featuring the M Sport Package which will be released later this year.
    You might wonder what these reasons were, well, no worries, we’ll explain them to you right now.

First, there was never a solid report, rumor, that BMW is indeed actively looking at an M7 model. If they were, trust us, we would have heard about it.

Second, the photos posted today and last week, clearly show a prototype with very little to none camouflage. Knowing BMW and the way the protect their designs from spy photographers, they would have never released the M7 out in the open like that. The M7 would have been a “hot car” and it would have probably worn like 10 sheets of fake plastic on top of it.

Third, let’s examine the car closer. All we can see right now pointing to an M7 would be the front-bumper, BUT THAT”S ABOUT IT, and even the more aggressive bumper doesn’t fit the profile of an M car. There are no other M design elements on this car, not the famous M gills or the “fearful” hood.
    Now, in our opinion, judging from the covered bulge on the hood, we believe we are looking at the 7 Series Hybrid which will be released later this year.

That bulge has been a trademark on most of the hybrid spy photos we have seen so far, from the X5 Hybrid to the upcoming X6 ActiveHybrid.
    So, can we please move on now? When there will be talks of an M7, we promise you that will be one of the first publications to report them.

P.S. Forgot to mention this: that front bumper looks amazing and it really turns the 7 Series into a stunning car.

sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

i dont think so, but anyway we have to wait for more pics and more info to comment

Comment

Its a luxury car ... Right?
      sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
      E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
      E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
      E23 735i - Sold

Comment

I remember reading that M7 is cancelled and BMW doesnt has any plans of producing M7s..

P.S: Ayman add the Source of the article :)

Comment

New BMW M division boss confirms no M7

Originally posted by SSense
          I remember reading that M7 is cancelled and BMW doesnt has any plans of producing M7s..
          +1

M is for meaning. As in, BMW doesn't just stiffen the chassis, pump up the volume on the horsepower and slap an M badge on a standard production car.

Kay Segler took over at the helm of BMW's performance division back in May. In an interview with Automotive News, Segler, 54, says he's confident that the upcoming X5 M and X6 M models will sell well, despite a very depressed automobile market.

But Segler says the Bavarian brand has axed any plans for an M7 model, claiming the all-wheel drive 760 does enough to fulfill the market.

Segler was moved into the position as head of BMW's M division after having managed the automaker's Mini brand for 5 years. In the interview, he addresses the issue of falling sales and the importance of the U.S. market for the M division. U.S. Sales for the M division were 9,738 out of a total of 24,186 M vehicles sold around the world by BMW in 2008. But sales for the first half of 2009 were just under 3,000 units in the United States.

He also described the essence of what he believes an M model is.

"We don't just give it more horsepower and make the chassis a little stiffer. If you look at the M3, it's on the upper limit of how much we change. 75 to 80 percent is modified."

The X5 and X6 M models go on sale in the U.S. on September 7.
          ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

not too sure about the PS... its doesn't look right with the e92 M3 front bumper.

In either case, it's a luxury car and any sporting additions might ruin it's purpose!
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
            X