Pics of ASR Turbos for S85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of ASR Turbos for S85

These are the turbos we've been patiently been waiting on for quite a while now. Originally our plan was to use two GT30's that flow roughly 50lbs/min each and utilize a cast compressor wheel. These new turbos flow 65lbs/min each, are dual ballbearing, and utilize a custom billet compressor wheel. You'll also notice that the inlet and outlet side of the turbine are both v-banded. There are many advantages in running these turbos over the GT30's. The new turbos will not only outflow the GT30's, but also spool faster, produce a much broader powerband, and be more efficient through out that powerband. As we've stated before the goal is not to reach 1300whp maxing out the turbos efficiency. The goal is to be able to provide a hp level that can easily reach double that of a stock S85 with amazing turbo efficiency. The result is reduced EGT's and engine backpressure, producing longer engine life with increased reliability.

The R&D process is quite complicated and time consuming. That being said we have to be very careful as to what pics and information that we give out to the general public, in fear of some copycats taking our ideas and designs to try and produce a similar product of their own. I hope everyone can understand our position. Once the package is complete and tuned, we will be more than willing to provide full pics and more details on the build.

65lb'ers that spool better than GT30's... w/2.5L of displacement for each turbo... sounds like full boost under 4K. Love it! Bring it on!
    ...Yes, according to our calculations we will be seeing full boost roughly in the low 4k area.
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Now is when turbocharging gets interresting !!!
    BRING IT ON !!

This is going to be very very scary, better than G-Powers Hurricane I reckon, turboing the S85 is extremely risky business, but if these guys pull it off......DAMN You'll end up with a rocket !
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post

Ow, and :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

I hated the Turbomachinery course back at uni, although this topic is among my favorite 3!!! My GOD it is so difficult to design these vanes.....And look at the craftmanship :drool: :drool:

Comment

damn that is some serious piece of design... can't wait to see it on a car, anything on youtube?
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Not yet... still in testing phase... probably will be ready by end of the year
            ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              I hated the Turbomachinery course back at uni, although this topic is among my favorite 3!!! My GOD it is so difficult to design these vanes.....And look at the craftmanship :drool: :drool:
              hehe .........same here
              I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Amazing... i think these would suit my car perfectly ;)
                sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                Dubai Investment Park 2
                The Curve Building Complex
                Warehouse No.1
                P.O Box 28638
                Dubai, United Arab Emirates
                Office: +97148830851
                Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
                Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
                Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
                Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#