How about this? A BMW Kidsbike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about this? A BMW Kidsbike

BMW doesn’t cease to surprise us and they just revealed a……..BMW bicycle for kids. We’re not sure if they’re trying to conquer another market or to reach out to young kids and turn them into potential buyers when the time comes, but we find this to be quite exciting.

The BMW Kidsbike is two bikes in one targeting toddlers who can go through their first experience on two wheels and then by easily mounting the chain and pedal unit included in the set, BMW Kidsbile appeals to children around the age of five.

BMW Kidsbike is equipped with a front wheel brake to avoid inadvertent collisions, a bicycle helmet in the color of the frame, a bell and reflectors at the front and in the pedals ensure additional safety.

Obviously the BMW Kidsbike is a rear-wheel drive, but we’re expecting an xDrive version in the near future……okay, that was a joke in case you missed it.

The results of the Motor Function Module Survey recently published by the Federal Ministry of Family Affairs are alarming: The majority of the 4500 children over 4 years of age examined in the survey showed deficits in motor functions, 30 percent even found simple tasks like balancing much too difficult. But the solution to the problem is so simple: Ride a bike. No other fitness activity offers better training for the sense of balance, increases strength and endurance and is great fun for children at the same time. The extremely versatile Kidsbike from BMW is particularly suitable for beginners on two wheels. At first, toddlers can ride it as a learning bike that, after mounting the chain and pedal unit included in the set, grows with them to become their first real children’s bike.

Two bikes in one.
    Thanks to the multiple award-winning BMW Kidsbike in typical BMW design, children from the age of around two and a half can already take their place on the saddle – and can look forward to many more years of fun with their favourite bike. The BMW Kidsbike is two bikes in one. An ideal learning bike with which toddlers can gain their first experiences on two wheels and train their coordination. This makes the later transition to a bike with pedals so much easier. And that’s really easy too: with a minimum of effort, the learning bike is soon transformed into a full-fledged children’s bike by mounting the chain and pedal unit included in the set.

Safe and practical.
    The learning bike version is already equipped with a front wheel brake to avoid inadvertent collisions, a feature that is often sorely missed in other models. A TÜV approved bicycle helmet in the colour of the frame, a bell and reflectors at the front and in the pedals ensure additional safety. A net attached to the ergonomically formed handlebars and a zipped bag on the frame offer plenty of room for essential cycling companions like the favourite cuddly toy or other playthings. ‘Exercise is not only great fun, it is also important for the physical and intellectual development process’, explained Family Minister Ursula von der Leyen at the presentation of the survey results. This is precisely where the BMW Kidsbike helps – from toddlers to children around the age of five.

The BMW Kidsbike and further products from the BMW Lifestyle Collection are available from selected BMW dealers and online at www.bmw-shop.de. This is also where you can find out everything about the BMW Bike Experience Tour, where you can test the latest BMW Bikes across Germany.

Source: bmwblog

u stayed up till 2:23am looking for this kids bike

Comment

^ :rofl:
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

is this real photo? i don't see any engine, and no connection with wheel!

Comment

Originally posted by akanso View Post
          u stayed up till 2:23am looking for this kids bike
          hahahahaaay, no man he is playing with time settings just to show you he is hardworking.. he is admin.. lol

Comment

It does have a small engine...

Can't you see the small fuel tank on the left of the bike ? :)
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

sweeeeet i'd loved to have owned one of those in my childhood!
              2008 325i coupe
              Stock

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
                It does have a small engine...

Can't you see the small fuel tank on the left of the bike ? :)
                how power transferred to rear wheel (in first photo)?! I don't see any chain!

Comment

^^ bisho ? you're joking right ?
                  2008 325i coupe
                  Stock

Comment

bisho a little more focus, it has pedals, its for kids :rofl2:

Comment

sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by akanso View Post
                        bisho a little more focus, it has pedals, its for kids :rofl2:
                        Sorry I was talking about first one lool, I though it has engine lool.

BMW shouldn't go to low level of manufacturing, before they were creating aircraft engines, then cars and huge bikes and now children bikes!! which is shame for a well known company which has produced powerful sport engines!!! Am I right? It's just my opinion :) accept it or not :D

Comment

they have these bikes from before WWI, and they r very expensive :)

Comment

I think its a way to expand the market.

Looking at it from a marketing buy-in P.O.V . It does make complete sense . . .

You sell a bicycle to a child - mind you a BMW Bike. . . he grows up with that thing, Moves onto a BMW cruiser bike (in the other thread)

And since he's been through 2 BMWs already in life - he'd love to own a BMW car! Thats the next step.

Perfect way to instill Brand loyalty. .
                            2008 325i coupe
                            Stock

Comment

Really Ahmad? I have never heard about them.

Why they stopped aircraft engines!! they should compete with Rolls Roys and General Motors!!

Comment

Working...
                              X