The Ultimate Ambulance: BMW X6 xDrive50i - 407 horsepower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ultimate Ambulance: BMW X6 xDrive50i - 407 horsepower

Usually an ambulance is not something anyone should get excited about out, but when that emergency vehicle turns out to be a “monster on four wheels”, then things change. The high-end X6 model, xDrive50i, has been converted into an ambulance which features all the necessary emergency equipment along with all the associated external visual emergency lights.

As you might remember, the BMW X6 is powered by a 4.4 liter V8 engine producing 407 horsepower. And since in the end it’s still a medical emergency vehicle, the car runs from 0-60 in 5.4 seconds and has a top speed of 155 mph.

Of course there are many situations when getting earlier to a medical facility can be imperative and save a lot of lives, so then we have no choice but to be glad that these type of ambulances are being developed.

The X6 Ambulance will make its debut at the RETTmobil trade show for rescue and mobility vehicles in Germany.

Source: bmwblog

where will the bed fit? it's more like the hugst first aid kit in the world

Comment

maybe this ambulance is for midget size patients specially for grade school kids i guess.. adult size stretcher wont fit this thing plus the medical gadgets etc. I'd rather ride in a chevy van than to die in an x6 ambulance
      Last edited by ernest; 14-05-2009, 08:39 AM.
      Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

that's a joke............

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

hahahahaha, half of the patient body will be out : P

I think it's police not ambulance :D

Comment

Let's say an adult stretcher fits, the question is. How in the helll are they going to get into the car through that pea sized rear gate?
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

^ say they get in somehow, can they really provide first aid inside??

BMW history:

Comment

ill be the first patient :D

Comment

I think an X5 would've been better, but still it's small.

Comment

hehe... looks cool but a completely useless vehicle for an ambulance :D
                    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Guess this is just an emergency crew vehichle, not an ambulance. Theres no way this would be internationally accepted as on, no way in hell !
                      Get's there way before the ambulance does with an emergency crew on board so they can start before, could save a life you know ...
                      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

The patient Sits next to the Driver To Enjoy The Ride in the X6 ( and thats the Treatment you Morans :D )
                        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
                          The patient Sits next to the Driver To Enjoy The Ride in the X6 ( and thats the Treatment you Morans :D )
                          Your comments man are killing :rofl: :rofl: reduce shwey looooooooool

You entered this club strongly :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                            Guess this is just an emergency crew vehichle, not an ambulance. Theres no way this would be internationally accepted as on, no way in hell !
                            Get's there way before the ambulance does with an emergency crew on board so they can start before, could save a life you know ...
                            on a serious note, i think that's the only possibility that makes sense :)

BMW history:

Comment

Working...
                            X