Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW M Division CEO confirms next M3 will get turbo 6-cylinder engine

from EVO Magazine

E92 335i /// Sparkling Graphite /// Hartge boot lip spoiler /// Hartge front lip spoiler /// O.Z Botticelli III /// Michelin PS2 /// KW V2(soon) /// H&R rear swaybar(soon)

stupid bmw! stupid bmw! stupid bmw!

no not because they'll use forced induction on M cars & they'll ditch the high-revving engines........ but because they were IMO stupid to even release the E9x M3 with a stupid V8!

by the way this article would kill E9x M3 sales :thumbsdown:

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

agree....but they are finally listening to your suggestion about shedding weight :)
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

This is sad honestly=/. I loved M engines cuz they were NA.. and the past year bmws s been doin some mistakes, not jsut the engines but also the freakin 5 series GT!!
        sigpic
        BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

let me go over few facts and numbers to see where this will fit.... read! :cofee:

let's look at the 3.0 engine for a moment...
          the M54B30 3.0 engine managed to push 225hp approximately
          Then they decided to push the engine to the limits and came up with the S54B32 inline 6 managed to give 343hp which is outstanding (+100hp than the regular engine just by adding 0.2 displacement)

the N52B30 was the newer version of engine producing 12~15% extra power over it's predecessor which is and excellent achievement I must say.

Then they decided to go with the famous TT 3.0 inline 6 N54B30 that managed to give 306hp which is as impressive some gave 326hp….

So if they decide to go with a maxed out I6 engine this means it won’t be a 3.0 engine fow show! They might opt with a 3.2 which the maxed out version of the N52B30

Comment

Gone are the days of ITB's noise and function. Come now the days of turbo whistles...

I understand all the emissions crap, but leave the M cars alone. Tubocharge all other non-Ms. Just leave the Ms alone. And I do agree with Haissam about that stupid V8 but I don't think they had anyother choice since this was in planning ...
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

how many horses will this inline 6 produce...? :drool:

Comment

im guessing 440hp :D
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

I doubt it's going to be anywhere north of the current E92M3, but as stated above. It's all about weight !
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

mind you that bmw has reverted back to the steel chassis= a heavier car

Comment

the above conversation confirms that everyone is looking forward to the next M3 since the current M3 didn't meet the expectations..

BMW history:
                      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

it meat the expectations but we want something out of this world.... i'm sick of seeing mercs 55 63 65 6* models.... i'm sick of seeing highly engineered RS series. i'm sick of all the japanese crap that keeps on coming out every day. i want something that is effecive and straight to the bloody point.

BMW knows that their cars should be lighter and know that engines can be faster but they seem to be hiding something. or could they be complete retards?

Comment

The E92 M3 shouldve have never been an M3. It's over done, the M3 is a light, agile compact sports coupe. Copact compared to fulll size sedans, not Honda's. The S-14 was perfect for it's chassis in the E30, the S5X engine were perfect for the size of the E36/46. But the E92 took over the limit, the CSL proved that it's not about horsepower. You don't need a bigger engine to make a better car.
                          The E92's V8 is engineering at it's best, don't get me wrong. But, I personally think it missed the point.
                          Simply put :
                          Each M3 is breath taking in it's own right, the E92 just over did it. Never felt it was an M3.

Comment

Working...
                          X