BMW reveals all the details on S 1000 RR superbike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW reveals all the details on S 1000 RR superbike

We haven’t covered many BMW Motorrad news on here, but we’re looking to change this and what’s the best way to reconnect with the BMW bikes fans other than posting the official unveiling of the S 1000 RR. Last week, BMW has finally revealed their latest superbike and it is quite impressive.

So, what got us so excited? Well, for one, the 193 horsepower at 13,000 RPM and 82.5 lb-ft of torque at 9,750 RPM, while only weighing 455.3 pounds with a full tank of gas. The super Beemer has the most horsepower and best power-to-weight ratio of all 1000 cc bikes available for the consumers. BMW S 1000 RR can be equipped with ABS and Dynamic Traction Control systems. As a curiosity, the ABS system weighs only 5.51 lbs.

Facing various riding conditions such as wet roads (”Rain”), regular road conditions (”Sport”), a race track with supersport tyres (”Race”), or a race track with slicks (”Slick”), the rider also has the choice of various engine characteristics and set-ups available at the touch of a button. There’s also an HP Gearshift Assistant that will allow for full-power clutchless upshifts.

As far as the design, it is all you could expect from a BMW and it differentiates itself from the crowd by offering asymmetrical headlights, loved by some Beemer fans but equally hated by others.

For more details, for press release click on the Source below.

Source: bmwblog

ooooooooh that black one looks SWEEEEET!!!

but what is with the lifted eyebrow?! the front light!
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Why are BMW bikes so uglyyyyyyyy!!! Just look at the BMW emblem and the bike name? looks like someone added it! looks awkward!!! and whats with the front and back lights???
      I'm sure the bike performs well, but the looks? comeon BMW can do better!!!!
      sigpic
      Audi R8 - White / Blk
      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

this is amazing man, it looks like a jet engine inside :D

Comment

the asymmetrical light sucks!!! completely spoiled the look of the bike!
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

That is the product of engineering and paying attention to detail.
            I like the headlights, they're different. Tail light reminds me of the Reventon, alot !

Just wondering what thing might sound like .....
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Why give it the name RR ?!?!?! Honda got CBR 1000cc RR !!! ...

For the looks .... I don't really care since I don't like bikes in the first place .. but it's not bad .. I'd own one for the collection !
              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
              X