Morgan Aero Super Sports powered by a BMW 4.8 liter V8 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morgan Aero Super Sports powered by a BMW 4.8 liter V8 engine

Okay, okay, we know it’s not a BMW, but since the Morgan Aero Super Sports car runs on a 4.8 liter V8 engine BMW engine, we figured we’ll squeeze it in. We like to diversify our articles, offering to you, our readers, more than just BMW cars, so every time we have the opportunity to talk about another vehicle related to the BMW brand, we’ll take advantage of it. Recently, we introduced another brand that uses a BMW engine, in this case, Wiesmann GT MF4-S, a vehicle powered by the 4.0 liter V8 M3 engine.

Morgan Motor Company is a British car manufacturer and was founded in 1909. All of their cars are manually assembled and the waiting list to get your hands on of the cars is approximately one to two years. Ahead of the Villa d’Este “Carnival of the Rich”, Morgan has unveiled their latest aluminum-chassis roadster: Aero Super Sorts. The lightweight Aero Super Sports utilizes aircraft-quality aluminum for the body panels with the intention of keeping the weight as low as possible. Aluminum is also used on the two detachable roof panels, which are placed in the boot when not in use.

Again built in limited-editions, the roadster uses the BMW’s 4.8 liter V8 engine which can be mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission. The engine produces 367 horsepower and takes the roadster from 0 to 60 mph in only 4.5 seconds.

If you manage to be patient, you can get your hands on this car a year or so after the 2010 release. The Morgan Aero Super Sports costs around £127,000 or $187,000. As with any limited-edition cars you will have to come up with a hefty deposit: £25,000 or $37,000.

Press Release

Morgan Aero SuperSports

Throughout 2009 the Morgan Motor Company is celebrating one hundred years of continuous manufacture of motorcars. The company has remained in one family’s ownership since the founder HFS Morgan made his first car in 1909.

As part of the Centenary celebrations Morgan announces a truly special model.

Designed and engineered in house, the Morgan Aero SuperSports is a lightweight aluminium sports car with a luxurious specification. The interior features a comfortable combination of polished hardwoods, hand stitched leather and electronic technology to create a driving environment that is efficient, ergonomic and sumptuous. In spite of all this opulence the overall weight of the car is still minimal so the car is responsive to driver inputs and economical to run. The unique way Morgan can achieve this is down to our use of aircraft style superformed aluminium outer panels and the skills of our craftsmen to hand finish the assembly of each car.

This technology debuted in the 100 AeroMax coupes built by the factory in 2008 and 2009.

Such was demand for this model, that Morgan have taken the decision to produce the Morgan Aero SuperSports. A limited edition, the car makes use of two aluminium detachable roof panels. These can either turn the car effectively in to a coupe or when detached bring fresh air and the aromas of the seasons to the driving experience without undue wind disturbance to spoil the journey. The panels can be stored conveniently in the boot.

The car of course benefits from the lightweight aluminium Aero chassis which is adhesively bonded for class leading rigidity. Exceeding global crash protection standards, this is also the platform used by the Morgan Aero Eight GT3 currently competing successfully in the 2009 International FIA GT3 Championship. This chassis combined with the aluminium 4.8 litre BMW V8 engine and a choice of 6 speed automatic or manual gearboxes offers an unrivalled driving experience. No other automatic car offers such dynamic power transmission.

Drawn by Matthew Humphries, and engineered for production by the experienced “Morgan Design” team, the new Aero Super Sports is due to enter production in early 2010. A deposit of £25,000 is required to ensure the supply of one of these exciting new models. It is anticipated to cost around £127,000 including VAT.

Charles Morgan, Grandson of the founder said ” The Morgan Aero SuperSports is a luxurious flamboyant sports car which also remains true to Morgan’s philosophy of lightweight minimalist simplicity. It is a celebration of our love of cars and the romance of travel and is a fitting model to announce during Morgan’s Centenary year.”

Source: bmwblog

they are still going for that cross eyed theme :rofl:
    sigpic
    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
    Falcons Garage
    Carbotech

Comment

I like that thing!!

Sporty - but classic & sporty! (did i say that already)

Hell i like it!!!
      2008 325i coupe
      Stock

Comment

I like it too! not too crazy about the rear though but I can live with it
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

^ +1

But the side & front profile are to kill for!
          2008 325i coupe
          Stock

Comment

it has the BMW indicator and windshield wiper levers also :D
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

attention to detail... nice Wazif! :D
              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

I wonder if they still build them from wood! (True)

Comment

I guess they stopped using wood for the chassis... I remember the first time they used the BMW engines in their cars they were still using a wooden chassis... goes to show you that a carpenter can build a sports car :rofl:

I think they had a limited edition one that was made out of carbon fiber
                  ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

crap i dont like it !
                    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

You need to be hanged for saying that!! :slap:

Morgan is a VERY prestigous car maker!! Remember them in the GT3 race earlier this season?!

Comment

Those things at the GT3 race sounded like spit fires :drool:
                        sigpic
                        iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                        Falcons Garage
                        Carbotech

Comment

Working...
                        X