G-Power Hurricane CS: World’s Fastest BMW Coupe - 231 mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-Power Hurricane CS: World’s Fastest BMW Coupe - 231 mph

G-Power is slowly becoming one of the most important BMW tuners and their latest work, doesn’t cease to amaze us. Last week it was the G-Power Typhoon X5, prior to that we have seen their M3 version, but their biggest achievement so far, it has been the M5 Hurricane, the fastest luxury sedan in the world -228mph.

But today, they have outdone themselves by releasing not just one of the best looking modded BMWs I have seen in a very long time, but also the fastest BMW Coupe in the world. G-Power named it Hurricane CS and it is based on the BMW M6.

The M6 Hurricane CS uses an upgraded version of the M5 Hurricane’s engine, a twin-supercharged version of the legendary high-rev M V10 that delivers an output of 750 horsepower available between 7,500 and 8,000 rpm, taking the M6 Hurricane CS to a top speed of 370km/h or 231mph. The super-duper engine also develops up to 590 lb-ft(800Nm) of torque at 5,000 rpm.

Hurricane CS runs from 0 to 62mph(100km/h) in 4.4 seconds, to 124mph(200km/h) in 9.6 seconds and to 187mph(300 km/h) in 26 seconds.

To reach this level of performance, engineers needed to install the company’s belt-driven ASA T1-316 superchargers, each providing charge air for one cylinder bank and able to increase the volume of charge air by up to 25%. In order to reduce the overall weight, the entire exhaust system was replaced with one made from titanium that weighs 24 kg or 53lbs less than the factory exhaust. To “lose weight” even further, the new carbon fiber seats in the interior save another 24kg (12kg or 26.5 lbs each seat).

For all this power, you need a set of high performance tires and the French tire maker Michelin provided the Pilot Sport PS2 in sizes 255/35 ZR 19 in front and 305/30 ZR 19 on the rear axle fitted on 21-inch Silverstone Diamond wheels. Now you also need some performance brakes to keep in check all those 750 ponies, so M6 Hurricane CS comes equipped with Carbon-Ceramic brake system with 6-piston calibers and brake discs with 380 mm in diameter. Weight savings: 50% over the standard brakes.

The interior is all about carbon-fiber design elements, from the aforementioned sports seats to clear-coated carbon-fiber panels for the dash, center console and doors. The sporty steering wheel is dressed in Kjerba Nappa leather.

I hope you didn’t expect this beauty to run cheap, because if you did, you’re in for a surprise. The G-Power Hurricane CS starts $477, 500 or 360,000 euros.

bmwblog
    Last edited by SSense; 01-05-2009, 04:11 AM.

whoa!!!! thats a monster!!!...it even looks like one!!

i like!...but the front fogs is a must delete!
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

bodywork is overdone IMO, wheels, forget it.

But I am impressed how they invest in the engine though

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

Didn't ADM tested the previous version of the G-Power M6 and got it up to 372 km/h? What's the point of this one if it doesn't exceed the speed... unless they fixed all the reliability issues from the previous version
        ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Recall the E39 faux "M5" of F&F 4 .
          Imagine they used an E63 6-Series/M6 instead.
          Would it or would it not look like the above car ?
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

abu dhabi motors should register and comment here :bow:

Comment

I AM IN LOOOOOOVE!!! damn that this is a beast!!!
              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

:omg2: :drool:

Comment

Working...
                X