This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW X6 M Leaks Ahead of New York Debut

A tip of the hat goes to Carscoop for getting their hands on these official pics of the mean-looking BMW X6 M ahead of its debut at the New York auto show on April 9th.

The X6 M exudes a certain menace, given it's shifty identity as a crossover/coupe/sedan/SUV, and wears its M badge without reserve. It looks like linebacker, all shoulders.

Both the X6 M and the X5 M, will come with BMW's 4.4 liter V8 power plant with twin-scroll turbochargers pounding out an immense 550 hp. The same engine will also be put to extensive use inside the BMW family, as it will be going into the upcoming M5 and M6 models, or so sources say.

The X6 is a heavy vehicle but the 550 hp will likely bring its 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) sprint time to below the 5 second mark, as the current X6 xDrive50i, with the same engine dialed down to "just" 408 hp, does it in 5.4.

An M sprucing up for the X6 comes by way of side air-vents, quad-exhaust, newly designed front and rear ends and a set of five-spoked alloy wheels. The interior X6 M will come with a new M steering wheel and instrument panel along with sports seats at the front.

Source: bmwblog.com
    Last edited by SSense; 07-04-2009, 11:43 AM.

Looks alright, but one of the biggest disappointment is that it has an auto tranny not DCT or manual :nono:
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Can I drop that motor in my car :)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
      Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
      Schrick cams
      Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
      Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
      KW Coilovers V3
      WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

looks really good

i can't imagine the kick you will get when you floor it through 1st & 2nd!

but no DCT?? i'm sure they'll have it as an option later on!

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Looks wise, I think it's a disgrace to MotorSport. Performance wise not !

Rims, WTF !!??

RPM reads 8K, does it really ?

In a different colour, it should look better than that.

The engine bay, looks like a nuke !!
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
            Looks alright, but one of the biggest disappointment is that it has an auto tranny not DCT or manual :nono:
            :iagree:

Color ? :thumbsdown:

The soul of an :///M: ? :thumbsdown:

Rims ? :thumbsdown:

Price ? :dunno:
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Sorry folks, this thread will be closed because im posting a better detailed thread with some better quality pics..

Comment

http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1886

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Working...
                X