BMW X6 M shows up one more time prior to the official launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW X6 M shows up one more time prior to the official launch

Even though yesterday we said there will be no more photos prior to the official launch on Saturday, we have some new spy photos of the BMW X6 M. Courtesy of our friend Palbay, we finally get to see the famous M gills, a trademark of any BMW Motorsport model.

While the very light camo is still present on the front and rear bumper, we have good idea of what to expect, more aggressive bumpers, especially the front-one which makes space for the large air-intakes.

No other news came out these days, so we can still assume that the 550 horsepower figure is pretty accurate. The BMW X6 M will be officially unveiled next Wednesday at the New York Auto Show, but the media embargo ends on Saturday, so the first photos will be out this weekend.

As far as the other “twin”, the BMW X5 M, the latest rumors talk about BMW planning to unveil it at the Shanghai Auto Show at the end of April. We would love to see both “twins” at the upcoming NYC show, but we’ll settle for the X6 M if needed.

Source: bmwblog.com
    Last edited by SSense; 07-04-2009, 11:45 AM.

Front bumper sure it different, and the quad pipes in the rear make a statement. But, is it just me or this thing just cant wear the :///M: badge ?
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

i'd wait for the specs & figures to know if it deserves the M badge :)

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Oh maan... I was expecting wider fenders at least ! like the black ones that come on the X5... it looks so slim like this

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

+1

but it might still get them?? if this is just a test mule :dunno:

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

It looks exactly the same as a regular X6! I dont care how fast, it doesn't hold the essense of an M car!
            It should just be like when the X5 4.6 came out, it had the M package, but was not called an M!
            sigpic
            Audi R8 - White / Blk
            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
            X