BMW Z2 - still on schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Z2 - still on schedule

Auto Motor und Sport is reporting that the BMW Z2 is still on schedule for an early reveal this year. If initially we believed that Tokyo Auto Show will have the honor to host the world premiere, we just learned that the car will be unveiled at the International Auto Show in Frankfurt.

BMW’s big push for a Compact Roadster and the utilization of Efficient Dynamics technology, will make the Z2 Roadster to be the first hybrid BMW Roadster in production. The Z2 will carry the eDrive badge, similar to the existing sDrive in the Z4 and xDrive in the SAV model.

Rendering by Mark Stehrenberger

BMW Z2 is built on the 1 Series platform and in contrast to the new Z4, it will use a soft top, with the precise scope of reducing weight. As we mentioned, the Z2 will be the first Hybrid Roadster, but BMW will not ignore their horsepower craving fans. Four-cylinder engines will make their way into the line-up, ranging from 1.8 to 2.o liter.

The BMW Z2 will take on the popular Mazda MX-5 and at a rumored price of $30,000, it will be interesting to see the consumers’ reaction.

if this car makes it into production, i think bmw it will be the first to get a 2.0 twin turbo

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

That's interesting !
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

looks better than the z4

Comment

interesting

i think it will attract many
          Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
          19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
          M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

more sporty that is!
            2008 325i coupe
            Stock

Comment

I like the drawing... hopefully it'll look somewhat similar to that one! :)
              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

rims will be much smaller unlike the one in the pic

but still ok

i likes

Comment

Looks nice, but i'm not into making so many lines of cars! u have the Z4, why the Z2? I see the concept behind it, but i just hate that when looking at a category of cars, lets say 4X4, its not only one exclusive choice like an X5 (only), its the X5, X3, X#, etc!!!
                  the categories should fall into a 2 seater sports car (eg. Z4), small car (eg. 3 series), mid size car (5 series), big car (eg. 7 series). Just about!
                  It used to feel good owning a Z3, or a Z4, felt unique! but having more of the same concept in a new line just takes away the excitement! My opinion of course ;)
                  sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                    Looks nice, but i'm not into making so many lines of cars! u have the Z4, why the Z2? I see the concept behind it, but i just hate that when looking at a category of cars, lets say 4X4, its not only one exclusive choice like an X5 (only), its the X5, X3, X#, etc!!!
                    the categories should fall into a 2 seater sports car (eg. Z4), small car (eg. 3 series), mid size car (5 series), big car (eg. 7 series). Just about!
                    It used to feel good owning a Z3, or a Z4, felt unique! but having more of the same concept in a new line just takes away the excitement! My opinion of course ;)
                    :iagree:

Comment

I look at it from the perspective I use for looking at the the V8 M3....They had to do it to survive. Although too many cars, statistically, would mean more technical problems. However, if the Z2 lasts for a decade then it'd eventually be as solid as a 3 series.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                        looks better than the z4
                        Agreed
                        sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                        2006 Z4M - SOLD
                        1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                        2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                        2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                        2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                        2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                        1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                        2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                          looks better than the z4
                          Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
                          more sporty that is!
                          Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
                          Agreed
                          :read: below

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
                          rims will be much smaller unlike the one in the pic

but still ok

i likes
                          i think that's what makes it look good, those are 22's for god's sake!

BMW history:
                          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Working...
                          X