BMW 5 Series GT Concept Officially Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW 5 Series GT Concept Officially Revealed

The BMW 5-series Gran Turismo Concept is all about the "driving experience." At least, that is the theme BMW wants to strike with this car and what inspired its creation in the first place.

The 5-series Gran Turismo Concept is a Progressive Activity Sedan. BMW like to come up with their own category names for vehicles. They chose to categorize the X6 not as an SUV but as an SAV (Sport Activity Vehicle). So here comes a Progressive Activity Sedan.

What is it supposed to be?

Well, many elements are present here. There's the luxury sedan-level elegance and comfort of the 7-Series balanced with the sporty, outdoors-yness of the X6 as well. It's a concept, so there are few details on power plants and transmissions and lots of talk about style and design. The photos do tell most of the story.

The Gran Turismo is a four-door, four-seat coupe, a design that has become somewhat of a fashion of late. But the rear seats fold down to give this grand tourer 1650 liters of luggage space well-suited to the wanderer in you. And the Panorama glass roof provides the sense of openness you want to feel on the road.

By naming this vehicle a Gran Turismo BMW is looking to re-establish the iconic ideal of the Gran Turismo as a comfy coupe meant for traveling in style. It remains to be seen if this BMW will fly as an actual production model. But they've been known to try stranger things and succeed at it.

[youtube]iOv9dIfhCUE[/youtube]
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

I love the front and the rear individually... but the side view is HORRIBLE!!

I LOVE the mirrors :)
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

GT ???

WTF

i was expecting something hardcore

not a family wagon

Comment

Ugly
          Cross between the X6 & 5 series.
          Kind of looks Japanies.:thumbsdown:
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
          Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
          Schrick cams
          Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
          Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
          KW Coilovers V3
          WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

I like it !!:dunno:
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Ugly :thumbsdown: I wonder where did the 'GT' thing come from..

Comment

they must have meant Grand Touring wagon something :P

Comment

Laaaaaaaawd have mercy!!! It's the end of times brothers, no doubt....

Comment

What in the dickens is a "Progressive Activity Sedan"?? :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

[youtube]wlOhMyv05GM&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]VrZuwSN2sAA&feature=channel_page[/youtube]
                      sigpic
                      07' HFP Accord | Current
                      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Geneva Motor Show: Real Life Photos BMW 5 Series GT

The BMW 5 Series GT had its world premiere today at the Geneva Auto Show. Probably one of the most awaited concepts in Geneva and definitely BMW’s masterpiece at this show. From the photos, you can see all the details that BMW paid attention to.

Take a look at the floors around the 5er GT. Yes, hardwood floors with a contrasting color, basically the idea here was to create a feeling of luxury around the car. This shows us how much work goes behind the scenes at each and every auto show.

We have some new, real-life photo of the BMW 5 Series GT.

Here is a refresher on the BMW 5 Series GT:

* The wheelbase is 3070mm, exactly the length of the 7 Series

* Individual rear seats separated by a center console, the production model will have 5 seats
                        * Trunk space volume of 1650 liters, close to the 1615 liters in the E61 5 Series Wagon
                        * Initially there will be only 6 cylinder engines with rear-wheel drive
                        * Eight-speed automatic gearbox

Comment

the rear looks like hunchback of Notredame!!

despise it!
                          2008 325i coupe
                          Stock

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
                            they must have meant Grand Touring wagon something :P
                            exactly my thoughts!
                            Meskovic
                            this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

looks like a cross between the X6 and the 5 series :P.....

Why dont BMW take a customer census before coming up with such outrageous design??
                              Current
                              E92 M3 - Mineral White
                              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                              E36 318is
                              E39 540i ///M sport
                              VW CC
                              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                              X