Next Generation BMW 1-Series Details Spilled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Generation BMW 1-Series Details Spilled

Details of the next generation BMW 1-Series range have now cropped up courtesy of the UK edition of CAR magazine. A new series of engines will adorn the 1 Series beginning with a smaller, more efficient 1.3-litre four-cylinder petrol. This new mill will power the 116i and 118i both of which are currently powered by 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre engines respectively.

CAR says power figures will be as follows: the 116i gets 136bhp (101kW), the 118i gets 184bhp (137kW), 218bhp (163kW) for the 120i and the next 130i pumps out 272bhp (203kW). An M1 version is still out of the question, although a high-performance 300bhp (225kW) twin turbo 1 Series is on the cards. It would be powered by a 3.0-litre twin turbo petrol unit.

For diesel fans the selection is a 118d with 150bhp (112kW), a 120d producing 184bhp (137kW) and a 123d good for 211bhp (157kW). Later in the car's life, plug-in hybrid and electric versions are expected to hit the market.

Six-speed manual transmission systems will be the standard mate for these powerplants and a 7-speed double-clutch will be optional.

BMW engineers apparently tinkered with a front-wheel-drive layout in order to pair it with the MINI as a cost-reduction exercise. But it was decided the cars will stick to the brand's tried and tested RWD suspension. Body styles seen in the contemporary 1 Series range like the hatch, coupe and three-door hatch will stay. Additional shapes may be added such as a three-door shooting brake.

...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Hate the front end ! :(
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

yuck yuckk!
      the headlights look horrendeous
      2008 325i coupe
      Stock

Comment

^are you guys serious?

this is some nice stuff. I really like it.

Comment

hmmm don't know if i like it or not.. but the X5ish rear lights would look stupid on small car :dunno:

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

X6ish ! :slap:
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Man that is haaaawwwwtt!!!! much much muuuuuuuuuuuch better than the current 1 series! luv the lights!!!

u guys seriously dont like it!?? if this design is put into production, it will go straight to the top!....

thats one sexy design! :drool:
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

This is one awesome design :drool: IMO it looks great from the side and the side view mirrors are also really nice :drool:

Comment

Like every thing about that!! Some minor fixes in the front and rear bumpers and it's a winner! Hate those wheels though :P

Project DVS
                  Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
                  CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

From ugly to ugliest!

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                      This is one awesome design :drool: IMO it looks great from the side and the side view mirrors are also really nice :drool:
                      IMHO i hate the side view mirrors . . .

it doesnt suit the car one bit!
                      looks like its been plucked off a picante and put onto the 1 series!
                      2008 325i coupe
                      Stock

Comment

too much conceptual

i like it, but i think more simpler design will fit the 1er more
                        Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
                        19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
                        M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

Working...
                        X