BMW loses court battle to chinese X5 clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW loses court battle to chinese X5 clone

Back in 2007, the Frankfurt Auto Show brought us a legal war between BMW and the chinese carmakers, Shuanghuan. The CEO car built by the chinese party stired up a lot of controversy due to its X5ish look.

As we mentioned back then, the CEO is almost an identical copy of BMW’s X5 model, and the only reason why it’s “almost identical” is that the SUV’s front end it’s a “clone” of the SUVs found in the Mercedes-Benz’s line.

BMW has immediately filed a lawsuit against them, but last week, an italian court rejected BMW’s claims.

“We are convinced the CEO wasn’t a clone of the X5. We are happy to see our view supported by a court ruling,” said an obviously pleased spokesperson from Martin Motors.

Martin Motors, distributor of Shuanghuan Automobiles in Italy and central Europe, has sold about 200 copies of the CEO and expects to sell about 1200 this year in their European markets. Definitely an important loss for BMW, especially now when they’re hurting financially.

BMW was the second manufacturer to sue Shuanghuan, Mercedes-Benz went after them for their “Noble” model, a Smart fortwo replica.

So, here are some images that I posted in the past, I will let you decide.

Do they have an M division?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

lol at M division

Comment

That's one heckuva a blind judge . . . Anyone notice the side steps ???
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Crash Test ! ( CEO )

[youtube]N2XQ1WlM48k[/youtube]

BMW X5 !

[youtube]N-qpfkgzGSc&feature=related[/youtube]
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          07' HFP Accord | Current
          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

I've seen 3 of these parked next to the Chinese Exhibition in shj a year ago, at the time they were parked in reverse and I thought "why are German cars parked at the Chinese exhibition???! :dunno:" Then it hit me, they weren't X5s!!!

Comment

They shouldnt allow idiots to wear a black overcoat and sit on that pedestal!
              2008 325i coupe
              Stock

Comment

f**ken copy cats

and worse are the italians, it's so damn obvious!
                Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
                19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
                M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarant View Post
                  f**ken copy cats

and worse are the italians, it's so damn obvious!
                  I respect your opinion buddy, but seriously, I truly respect the Italians for the Ferraris and the Lambos :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                    I respect your opinion buddy, but seriously, I truly respect the Italians for the Ferraris and the Lambos :bow:
                    Whom shall we respect now? The original designer "BMW" or the good copier "Shuanghuan"???

Comment

BMW :D
                      sigpic
                      07' HFP Accord | Current
                      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Working...
                      X