BMW 7 Series and its amazing Headlights System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW 7 Series and its amazing Headlights System

It is widely known by now that the new BMW 7 Series excels mostly with its latest technology. BMW wanted to emphasize the fact that the new 7 Series will stand out, not only with its new design, but especially with the latest and more advanced technology that could be seen in vehicle.

One of the feature that really stands out is the new Adaptive Headlight Control System. While the adaptive headlights are nothing new really in a BMW, the latest technology in the 7 series is a whole another story.

The Adaptive Headlights use swiveling headlights that always point in the direction the vehicle is steering so therefore the road ahead is better illuminated and obstacles become visible sooner.

To quote BMW and their detailed description:

The Adaptive Headlight technology is based on the dynamic headlamp control system. Sensors measure speed, steering angle and yaw (degree of rotation around the vertical axis). Based on this information, small electric motors turn the headlights so the beam falls on the road ahead, guiding you into the bend.
    The headlight system is activated whenever the vehicle is moving forwards. When the vehicle is in reverse or if the steering wheel is turned when the vehicle is not moving (such as when leaving a parallel parking space), the headlights do not turn, in order to prevent blinding the drivers of oncoming traffic.
    And to prove how smart this system really is, if your speed drops below 31mph then the system activates the City Driving Mode. This mode simply reduces the lighting power but it is still sufficient to illuminate the road and potential objects or people.

I believe this system was already on the old 7 series, but not sure.
    sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
    2006 Z4M - SOLD
    1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
    2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
    2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
    2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
    2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
    1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
    2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

i saw it twice so far and am in love with the rear that looks nothin like the lexus blv me !!

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
      Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Moe-335 View Post
        i saw it twice so far and am in love with the rear that looks nothin like the lexus blv me !!
        :iagree: always judge the cars when you see them in real, not by the pics !

Comment

I saw the car couple of time on the road !! .... looks like a Queen !
          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

i've seen the car in person. very nice indeed

Comment

That was always my dream in the lighting world ! :drool:
              sigpic
              07' HFP Accord | Current
              HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

the car is amazing as well as BMW is always

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                  :iagree: always judge the cars when you see them in real, not by the pics !
                  Dude thats wut i said when everybody started :puke:ing at the fist images released.. !!

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                  Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Working...
                  X