Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW CS Concept Based Production Version Officially Cancelled!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW CS Concept Based Production Version Officially Cancelled!!

Looks like BMW won't be fielding a Porsche Panamera competitor after all. The CS Concept, planned as a new flagship to replace the 8-Series, has officially been cancelled. Citing product and project reviews in the face of the current financial crisis in Europe and the United States, BMW's CEO Norbert Reithofer announced that the concept is officially a no-go. BMW plans to put its resources toward future technology, its EfficientDynamics and project i programs.

It's a disappointing move for BMW fans, but a prudent one. The current market for super-sedans is limited and likely to become more so if the economic situation continues to get worse. Though a financial upturn could see renewed consideration for the CS Concept, BMW was mute on the chances of this happening.
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

This sucks... this is one of the most anticipated cars that I wanted to see produced, I think it would've looked amazing
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Indeed this is very disappointing, ive always thought Id see it on the roads some day. Damn it, it looks so good in real, even at the autoshow in Dubai i couldnt stop looking at it. Must admit, CS is, im sorry, CS was one sharp car !

Comment

i agree with you guys, but BMW must look after themselves in these hard times :)

wonder if they have an extra set of those 22's so i can throw them on my next SUV! :rofl:

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Thank God it's cancelled!!

Comment

me no like

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              Thank God it's cancelled!!
              You serious ?

I think it was gorgeous - both ways - even if you didnt like it, we'd still be killing the competition as one BMW Family :dangerous:
              2008 325i coupe
              Stock

Comment

Working...
              X