Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice drive , nice people as always , nice weather .

but let's forget about driving to Fujairah in the future .

Comment

Hi everybody

First of all I would like to thank you for the nice meeting on last Friday and the amazing trip to Fujairah and the time we spent together was really amazing until (if you remember) me and around 6 or 7 cars splited from the group and decided to go back a little bit earlier than the rest, so we decided to go through Daba Al Fujairah to go back to Sharjah
      , after driving for around 20-25 minutes (driving very normal and obeying all traffic rules) suddenly after exiting a round-about we got a company of 4 police cars the pulled us a side (pulled three of us which is me ( red e36 ), the silver E36 and the green E30), asked for registration and licence, then asked for the cars keys
      they drove the cars to an inspection point at Al Fageet area the they told me that my car has exhaust system and lowered, after bargainig they found that the exhaust is stock but still telling that my car is lowered, the same issues with the silver E36 and the green E30.
      So after talking and talking and talking but no way they decided to jail our cars immediately for 7 days and a fine of 200 Dhs (fine no. 112)
      so we came back without our cars after that nice day. :'(

Comment

:O

sorry to hear about the cars being impounded :(

its sad to see that difference in rules between the various states. If the car has been passed through registration that means its road legal (whether you have after market exhaust or lowered) ....these guys need to understand that.
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

we were afraid that it would be bigger issue than 7 days inbound and 200AED fine ,

you should thank god that it ended up that way , i know it's very frustrating but at the same time this is the cost we always pay when we do our cars the way we like .

Comment

today we went there to receive the cars but told us we got another 7 days from the ruler of Fujairah ,,, so next week ):

Comment

Ahmad so sorry to hear that happened and honestly a real shame since we had so much fun only to have a bad ending for you guys :(... I hope you get your cars back soon
              sigpic
              Current
              E92 M3 2011
              # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
              # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
              # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
              E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
              # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
              # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
              # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Working...
              X