Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW UAE/Evolve.ae Club Drive to Khasab, N. Oman: 22 February 2013

Right ladies,

We are long, long overdue a trip to Northern Oman. Some of you have been before, some have not. So, we are jointly going to go for a cruise/drive to Northern Oman.

So, who fancies seeing the coastline and driving on some truly awesome roads?

We will meet at the petrol station along Emirates Roads just before Mirdif City Centre (Emeraat), then "cruise" up to the RAK/Oman border and then drive through to Golden Tulip Hotel for lunch/chill/chat etc, then head on back taking pictures etc along the way.

Date: 22 February 2013
    Time: Leave at 08:30 SHARP
    Lunch: plan to be at the hotel by 12:00 noon ish (buffet lunch can be had or al a carte)
    Leave hotel: around 15:00 and head back, stop to take pics etc

What you will need:

1) a car or be a passenger
    2) your current passport
    3) Insurance for your car
    4) camera's and/or go-pro
    5) money

- Oman Visa is around AED50/90 for residents and I think AED200 for visitors
    - If you do not have insurance, this can be bought at the border for around AED100-150 depending on your car (3rd party only)
    - AED25 for the privilege of leaving UAE

Lets have some names guys: (PS: please bring along family, b/f, g/f etc)

1) yorky500 + 1 - Megan Fox Special
    Last edited by yorky500; 10-02-2013, 04:11 PM.
    1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
    2012 Camaro SS
    2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

2) INFAMOUS + Sexxxy Ladies

Comment

I will join to the border and then come back :)

i just discovered that i have something in the afternoon.

2) INFAMOUS + Sexxxy Ladies
      3) Bruno + My hot babe
      4)

Comment

by insurance you mean a special insurance for Oman ?
        • E46 Coupé‎ "Ra2oosh" - Current
        • E36 Convertible "Emily" - Sold
        • E34 Sedan - Engine Blown

Comment

Originally posted by Bisho Avten View Post
          by insurance you mean a special insurance for Oman ?
          Yes, check your current policy to see if you are covered. If you are with RSA you more than likely are... If not then you can purchase insurance at the border when crossing but you may slow down the group by doing so.

Comment

As Infamous has said, if you only have 3rd Party insurance (as I do for my M3) then you will not be covered for Oman. Its a simple process at the Border. All you need is your DL and Rego card + money. Takes about 10mins or so to get it depending on the queue.

Don't worry, we will not leave you behind as once past the Border, we will pull over to fit Go-Pro's and sort the drivers out i.e. a little drivers briefing.

I have video of the road somewhere on Evolve.ae - it is a truly stunning drive.
            1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
            2012 Camaro SS
            2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

I only have 3rd party and I have Oman coverage.....

Here is a clip from last years drive... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKXn...ohBEZg&index=5

Comment

Originally posted by INFAMOUS View Post
                I only have 3rd party and I have Oman coverage.....
                Interesting, is that through RSA? If yes, how much did you pay (if I may ask)
                2012 Camaro SS
                2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Yes it is.. I pay 800AED/year 3rd Party w/ Oman coverage.

Comment

Looks like like my next policy will be with RSA. Cheers for the info.
                    2012 Camaro SS
                    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

I suggest changing the destination and keep it somewhere inside the UAE :D I don't know if there is a good number of people who got Oman insurance .. what do u think ?
                      • E46 Coupé‎ "Ra2oosh" - Current
                      • E36 Convertible "Emily" - Sold
                      • E34 Sedan - Engine Blown

Comment

I suggest changing the destination and keep it somewhere inside the UAE :D I don't know if there is a good number of people who got Oman insurance .. what do u think ?
                        Oman is the best part of the trip and well worth the insurance! Just buy it at the border...

Comment

10 cars already signed up and desperate to go to Khasab, Oman - I would get lynched if I changed the destination.
                          2012 Camaro SS
                          2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Sorry guys I'm out of this one unfortunately! Will have to do it again in March or April

Comment

Working...
                            X