This time its the MINI S...my trip to Al Madinah Al Munawarah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time its the MINI S...my trip to Al Madinah Al Munawarah

Hey guys, sorry this time I didn't take the M coupe because I needed some extra passenger room...so I took the Mini S. But I hope you enjoy the pics and forgive me if some seem repetitive. Saw some more baboons, but didn't get a chance to snap a pic (it was a pack of 40 hanging around by the side of the road)

Start of the trip when my brother's windshield wasn't covered with bugs:

Seriously straight road

Interesting rocks and a speed sign which we mostly ignored

The valley was way down...

Moon rocks and some of that desert grass we talked about after it rains

Lots of these small towns along the way

Volcano looking mountains...there is a huge creator/volcano near Madinah, but we didn't go

Lovely bends... and plenty of long bending s-curves wish I took the M coupe

Layers and layers of mountains

Seconds before being busted by a speed camera in the back of a van just to the right behind the edge of the mountain for going 160kmh....$130 dollar fine sent to my mobile phone by SMS...how convenient

Finally Arrived...

Beautiful sunset behind the mountains...and an amazing desert river as we left the next day

awesome snaps!! thnx for the share...looks like Saudi Arabia has some nice driving roads :)
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
      awesome snaps!! thnx for the share...looks like Saudi Arabia has some nice driving roads :)
      Not in the main cities...but when you travel between them...yes awesome. I can't wait till January when I do a southern tour which takes me through the mountains of Baha and Abha down to the wadis of Lajib in Jizan and wadi Najran in Najran. Will get those pics up too, but it might not be in the mini or the m coupe or the 850ci (don't trust this one yet)....so it will be an OT thread

Comment

wow, nice Mini too mate, bud yeah, next time take the Coupe ;) though that may have cost you more than $130 by sms >;)

thanks for the pics. Awesome drive!!!

V.
        Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Working...
        X