Nurburgring Trip! Anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nurburgring Trip! Anybody?

We were discussing this dream of a trip a couple of weeks ago of BMW Club UAE members having a vacation of the sort we all like. A trip to the 'Ring! And I say "why the heck not?!!" :D

A week in Germany, stay near the 'Ring, rent a dent (there are companies that specialize in providng cars to be used on the ring, depends on how fat the wallet is!) I would be targeting an E46 M3, CSL maybe if available!! :drool: Come to think about it, it's no different than any other vacation you'd do nor more expensive. Just that instead of staying abroad for 2 weeks, we'd stay there for a week but with THREE TIMES the Adrenalin! GUARANTEED :D

I'm all for that, hopefully next summer?

Sounds good but you need major planning and tons of calls plus good mathematician to calculate the expenses.
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Priliminary costs:

Air ticket: AED4500

Pocket money: $1000?

Hotel: 3-star @ ~$110/night

Nurburgring 1-day training (inclusive of tickets, petrol, helmet, radio equipment, on a 'Ring-prepared Alpha Romeo 75): €1600

So total this comes to: ~ AED17,000 (1 week and one day of 'Ring instruction). One can opt for less days in Germany and 2 days at the track or any other combination. Note that evening session are cheaper by 50%!

Comment

using airplanes is for sisies! go by car?

Comment

i understand you guys are not coming to my wedding next summer? :dunno:

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Why don't you have it at the Nurburgring :dunno:
            ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

^ :rofl:

:msolved:

Comment

ow man.. we should send our own cars into Europe and do a Euro trip and OFCOURSE hit the ring.. something to plan for a save up? 3 years from now? lol
                Current:
                2011 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade "Repsol Edition"..

Past ///M's:
                2002 E39 M5 M/6speed LeMans Blue|Reuters Catback|SS Brake lines|EBC pads|Dinan strut brace|B&G Springs|19" VMR VB3 CSL Style rims|IATS|Lower grill with brake ducts|aFe Stage 2 intakes|Evosport under drive pulleys "audiophile"|ZHP Shifter with Alcantara boot and Alcantara handbrake boot|+++
                2001 E46 M3 Coupe M/6speed Silver
                1991 E34 M5 3.6L M/5speed Red
                1993 E34 M5 3.8L M/5speed Black

Comment

wowow! we've got some serious planning to do before this thing actually works out!
                  it's not as easy as it sounds! seriously! I guess everybody loves how it sounds - but getting this to work? Club admin! its your job! Icant say if i'm in or not! gotta still look for a job :P
                  2008 325i coupe
                  Stock

Comment

IF it was well planned i'm in inshalla, and btw, ayham i like ur posts # :D

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                    Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Naj View Post
                      ow man.. we should send our own cars into Europe and do a Euro trip and OFCOURSE hit the ring.. something to plan for a save up? 3 years from now? lol
                      My father did it in the 70’s and I shall follow his footsteps… who wants to join?

Comment

No way!!!!!

Well, the quotation above is if we wanted to "live it up" a bit :D BUT, there's always the option of doing it over a weekend; leave here Thursday morning, hit the Ring Friday morning, Saturday, & Sunday, be back here on Monday evening.

We can also stay in a 2-star hotel 30 km from the Ring (Bonn), rent a van for all of us, we have lunch at the Ring, then dinner when we leave, crash till next day, and so on. With tickets I reckon it'll cost AED12000, worth every fils :D :D :D

Guys, it's no big deal organizing it, provided money is no issue and we all play like a team (i.e. you submit your documents when asked for and pay on time/in advance). How about next Summer????

Comment

Originally posted by Moe-335 View Post
                          IF it was well planned i'm in inshalla, and btw, ayham i like ur posts # :D
                          There's the HPDS that you can be part of HERE & NOW! ;)

Comment

Ive been itching about this for so long !
                            Planning ... planning ... expenses ... expenses .
                            By next summer, can be done .
                            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

You know I would love this idea!

im in, any time any day!
                              Meskovic
                              this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Working...
                              X