Last Dyno Runs on TAM's Dyno Dynamics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Dyno Runs on TAM's Dyno Dynamics.

Went back again to TAM for a dyno run since I missed out the event. Cars dynoed were:

- Euro '03 E46 M3 (SMGII)
    - Euro '07 E60 M5 (SMGIII)
    - Euro '07 Z4M Coupe (Manual)
    - Euro '01 E46 M3 (Manual)

Didn't turn out as much as we hoped. My chipped M3 still refused to walk the line although it has on Subzero's Dyno Jet before and kept cutting off at 6500RPM on any gear. We had high hopes this particular car would run on Dyno Dynamics since we've tested Bruno's US/Bruno-Spec M3 with no luck and thought it might be because of US-spec software and particular constraints. The other manual M3 did its run to redline, but only when on 4th gear. 5th gear runs yielded high speeds and as a safety measure the car would cutoff at 6500RPM.

Haissam's Z4MC redlined, but due to tire/wheel sizes reduction (according to TAM) the dyno graph "auto adjusted" the RPM axis to 6500RPM. The surprize was Petrolhead's M5 run since it wouldn't redline like it did on the event day. But interpolating its dyno graph the same numbers as the previous time would've been seen.

I think the SMG II is the main problem with E46 M3s as it keeps tripping in for safety. Bugger :(

e46 M3, and many other bmws, can't be dynoed except if you plug them on a GT1... once on the GT1 there is a magical option called "dyno mode" :drool:

http://m3blogs.com/2006/01/30/dyno-m...he-e46-M3.aspx

Comment

IMHO TAM should do their research specially that now they've "teamed up" with our club.. it's not just a GT1 issue :dunno:

- rami's M5 worked last week, but didn't this week
      - my Z4MC gave a wrong RPM range & it's definitely not due to tire sizes as my tires are CSL size & every Z4M owner has them with no issues
      - ayham's E46 M3 worked elsewhere, but didn't at TAM's
      - stock auto 335 (last week) gave 18rwhp higher than my Z4MC & another E46 M3 (this week)
      - rami's M5 last week gave numbers in heavily modded M5's territory

i hope they figure it out soon :)

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

^^Agreed...We are ready to "donate" cars till this is figured out!

I think a first step is to set the conditions correctly, if any is essential for a correct dyno run.

Comment

I posted my results (and about the issues we are facing with the dyno) on another board... and got the following reply on how the other tuners/garages (RPi - makers of the scoops) setup the Dyno Dynamics (they have dynoed many M5s too):

"For Inertia drivetrain settings are set to 100 and ramp rate is 106...they might have accidently turn on a peak limit function on the dyno"
          and somebody else posted for E46 M3s: "need to pull I think (its been like 7 years) fuse #13 or 14"

Hope this helps for future runs
          ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

The fuses trick did not work out, I pulled them out on Bruno's M3 and it still kept kicking in!! This means it's the speed sensors tripping the engine at 6500RPM.

When you have your next mod and want to dyno again, we'll set up the dyno like so.

Comment

My car also stopped at 6500rpm where is could touch 8000 rpm! My car gave 325.6 rwhp with a slipping clutch, I need to have another run with the new clutch and thenew settings you guys are talking about to hopefully get the correct numbers
              Meskovic
              this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

I had no idea your car tripped!! What do they say on the Porsche forums? Maybe we can single out an element/sensor that's common between the two makes causing the tripping..

Comment

WE NEED TO SEE SOME GRAPHS!!!! wait i will post a previous graph of my car.

Comment

^^^ lets see it !
                    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

is it clear enough?

Comment

at 7900RPM my car will be pulling 265 to the wheel which is the correct figure since my MAF sensor is bad. a healthy EURO M3 should be pulling 275 hp to the wheel minimum, on average 280.

Comment

I dont know if this will work or not.... but give it a shot anywayz!

"...Hold DSC button in for more than 20 sec, DSC sign goes off and cannot be turned back on again unless car is restarted, car goes into service mode, can be dynoed up to redline and all electronic systems are off...." :wiggle::msolved:
                          ________
                          Depakote attorney
                          Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 07:44 AM.
                          Current
                          E92 M3 - Mineral White
                          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                          E36 318is
                          E39 540i ///M sport
                          VW CC
                          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

^^ i think that could solve the dyno problem !
                            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                            eMail:
                            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

we tried this one also with no result.... the only way is to use a GT1

Comment

Working...
                              X