Renault F1 Roadshow-April 10th and 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renault F1 Roadshow-April 10th and 11th

Renault’s Roadshows involve a demonstration of Renault cars on the streets of a city and are totally free to the general public. By taking advantage of its involvement in F1, Renault can take the sport to places where the public might not normally have access to Formula 1.

The Renault Roashow involves the following:

- On-track demonstrations: a display lasting about three hours showcasing Renault’s cars. The star of the show is the F1 car driven by an ING Renault F1 Team driver.

- A small village with activities, free posters and postcards: it’s also a place for adults and kids to relax.

Renault’s F1 involvement therefore allows the public to see these amazing cars demonstrated in a safe urban environment.

The ING Renault F1 Team visits Dubai for the first time. Come and discover the exceptional demos of Nelson Piquet and Romain Grosjean on the Lagoon of Burj Dubai on Friday 10th and Saturday 11th of April 2009. Two days of shows for all the family under the sun of the UAE.

Agenda

Friday 10th April

15h-15h15: Parade on the Boulevard with Renault Cars Toons, Megane Trophy and Renault Line Up

16h30-17h30: Demo 1 with F1 Show, Megane trophy, Renault Cars Toons and show Men in Black

19h-20h: Demo 2 with F1 Show, Megane trophy, Renault Cars Toons and show Men in Black**

Saturday 11th April

11h-12h: Demo 1 with F1 Show, Megane trophy, Renault Cars Toons and show Men in Black

14h-15h: Demo 2 with F1 Show, Megane trophy, Renault Cars Toons and show Men in Black

15h30-15h45: Parade on the Boulevard with Renault Cars Toons, Megane Trophy and Renault Line Up

16h30-17h30: Demo 3 with F1 Show, Megane trophy, Renault Cars Toons and show Men in Black

19h-20h: Demo 4 with F1 Show, Megane trophy, Renault Cars Toons and show Men in Black
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

F1 at Autodrome - 9th April

I found out today that the Renault F1 is challenging and Enzo, SLR and a Ford GT to a race this Thursday.

The car is taking to the track at 11:30am but the main action is between 12-2pm. I know the timings sucks but worth getting away from work for a few hours to hear that engine scream.

Entry is open to the general public.

Comment

They are building a stage for the event right underneath my apartment, I got the best view from the balcony, but the problem is that we will be going on the Pirelli drive on Saturday 11th
      ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Adam View Post
        I found out today that the Renault F1 is challenging and Enzo, SLR and a Ford GT to a race this Thursday.

The car is taking to the track at 11:30am but the main action is between 12-2pm. I know the timings sucks but worth getting away from work for a few hours to hear that engine scream.

Entry is open to the general public.
        the timing couldn't be better for me :D i work there :D

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Woke up today to the sound of an F1 car revving it's engine :drool: ... will take pics soon, need to find camera and charge the battery
          ...petrolhead

Comment

Sorry to announce this:

The Renault F1 car was crashed today after a few meters from launch by the legendary Mohammed Ben Sulayyem at the Dubai Autodrome. As far as I know he's made it out ok but was rushed to the hospital for check ups!

[youtube]hiBvVCx-Yng[/youtube]

Comment

Wow that's crazy... but I can still hear engines revving underneath my apartment, but don't know which car is making the sounds as they are under the tents
              ...petrolhead

Comment

They still have another one...

Comment

Great... I will be at my balcony tomorrow enjoying the show :)
                  ...petrolhead

Comment

^ what was the apt # again?
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                    Schrick cams
                    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                    KW Coilovers V3
                    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

There is an entrance fee though :rofl:
                      ...petrolhead

Comment

I think 500 AED is a fair price. I'll be the first to give that to you :rofl:
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                        Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                        Schrick cams
                        Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                        Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                        KW Coilovers V3
                        WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

That's fine by me... see you tomorrow then
                          ...petrolhead

Comment

Some Pictures !

Mohammad Bin Sulayem survives car crash
                            Staff Report
                            Published: April 09, 2009, 18:27

Dubai: Mohammad Bin Sulayem, Vice-President of motorsport’s world governing body FIA and a 14 times Middle East Rally champion, miraculously survived a crash on Thursday while driving a Renault Formula One car at Dubai Autodrome.

Testing last year’s Renault R28 on the eve of the Renault roadshow in the city this weekend, his car veered violently right and slammed into the wall before coming to a stop in the middle of the circuit.

Bin Sulayem stayed in the car until he was helped out and walked to a medical car whereupon he was taken to the circuit’s Medical Centre for a routine check up.

He was released shortly afterwards without any injuries. Tarik Ait Said, Renault F1 Team’s F1 Events and Operations Manager said, “He (Bin Sulayem) had earlier driven the car on a closed road successfully. At the circuit, conditions had changed dramatically, which resulted in the incident. Fortunately he was uninjured and the car will be taken back to be repaired.”

Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            07' HFP Accord | Current
                            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Rami, if there's a VIP seating area then Im in for any price.. I cant bear sitting beside alquazi :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                              X