Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Racing Weekend, December 5th & 6th. BIGGEST Motorsport Event this season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couldn't make it as i had a friend visiting from abu dhabi..

pics? feedback?

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I guess we'll have to wait for someone who covered the event :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
        I guess we'll have to wait for someone who covered the event :dunno:
        it was gr8! awesome day! uploading the photos...

but my beast was depressed in the absence of her sister :)

Comment

Uploading pics here,,,;)
          sigpic
          07' HFP Accord | Current
          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Seriously a great day, kudos for the Club gang like always! Immense races and great venue, but the crowd was of the wrong kind if you ask me! Nonetheless, we were there from some good ol' fashion motorsports :drool:

Comment

Just received, Dubai Autodrome and the FIA officials decided to cancel today's races because of submerged track sections...

6 December 2008
              Race Day 2: Grand Racing at Dubai Autodrome
              Heavy rains force officials to cancel the second day of racing at the circuit
              Overnight torrential rains in Dubai served to flood many areas in and around Dubai Autodrome forcing officials to
              cancel the final day of the two day Grand Racing event. Several corners and the pitlane of the circuit were
              submerged under water, at some points the water level was over 1 meter deep.
              The Federation International Automobile (FIA) Stewards of the meeting released this statement at 11.15am on
              Saturday: “Following a track inspection by the race directors of the FIA GT3 Championship, GP2 Asia and the
              Speedcar Series it is their collective view that the volume of water on the track, and the likelihood of there being
              any improvement during the day, would make it impossible to run any races safely. The Stewards of the Meeting
              therefore in accordance with Article 141 of the 2008 FIA International Sporting Code have accepted their advice
              and cancel all races today.”
              Dubai Autodrome General Executive Hamish Brown commented on the unfortunate situation, “We accept and
              agree with the decision of the Stewards and the FIA to cancel the final day of Grand racing. The rain has not only
              affected the race circuit area but made the access to Dubai Autodrome virtually impossible causing traffic back
              ups for several kilometers. Silt and debris has washed on to the circuit which exacerbated the problem. This is not
              helped by the fact that heavy rain continued this morning. It is a sad situation as we know thousands of fans were
              looking forward to this the final day, numerous teams and their personnel have put in a big effort to be here to
              race and of course a large number of support staff have been on hand to make this event possible.”
              When asked about refunds for fans who have bought tickets Mr Brown said, “Any spectator who has bought
              tickets specifically for today (Saturday, 6 December) reuse the ticket for our next international event or possible
              refund. We will consider all claims related to the cancellation on a case by case basis. Please refer to
              www.dubaiautodrome.com for further information and contact details.”
              FIA GT3 General Manager, Patricia Kiefer said of the cancellation, "We are disappointed and very sorry for the
              Dubai Autodrome which has put together such an exceptional event, with three great series such as the
              Speedcar, GP2 Asian Series and the FIA GT3 European Championship. Yesterday, we had a wonderful day of
              racing, and the crowds present proved the success of the concept. Fortunately, the FIA GT3 European
              Championship titles were decided after the first race and we would like to congratulate our 2008 Champions,
              James Ruffier, Arnaud Peyroles and Matech GT Racing. We also would like to thank the Dubai Autodrome and all
              involved for their warm welcome, and look forward to returning to Dubai next year.”
              Speedcar Series Operations Director Claudio Berro commented on the decision, ““It is incredible that in Dubai it
              has rained four times in the last week and now again on race day. The storm was so strong that the circuit
              organisers didn’t have a chance to save the event and that has been very unfortunate for us, GP2 Asia Series
              and FIA GT3.”
              Dubai Autodrome Track Manager Richard Birch, “This is some of the worst flooding I have encountered at the
              circuit. A couple of years ago we had a similar situation but were fortunate that the rains did not affect a major
              event as it has done this weekend. It is a shame as there was a very good crowd yesterday (Friday) and we were
              expecting a big crowd again today (Saturday) as the weekend falls conveniently during the holiday period.
              However nothing could be done about the rain that has unfortunately stopped play.”
              Heavy rains fell over the Dubailand area for a couple of hours on early Saturday morning which caused chaos
              throughout the area, blocking traffic for most of the morning in and around Emirates Road in the vicinity of
              Arabian Ranches.
              Mr Brown concluded by saying, “We are now in the Eid holiday period and would advise spectators seeking
              information on the status of their purchased tickets to make enquiries from 10 December 2008 onwards by
              contacting the Dubai Autodrome office.”
              Refer to www.dubaiautodrome.com or email info@dubaiautodrome.com

Comment

I m glad I saw this post i was on my way to autodrome now. Thanks Ayham.
                sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                2006 Z4M - SOLD
                1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

guys friday was amazing, thanx for all. any pics guys on that day, i saw haissam taking some photo???

Comment

Originally posted by akanso View Post
                    guys friday was amazing, thanx for all. any pics guys on that day, i saw haissam taking some photo???
                    sorry but i wasn't even there :dunno:

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

T'riffic day out, all i've gotta say is 2 things............MORGANS in the GT race and .......ASCARI'S in the GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............loved it.

I've got some pic's, just resized for quick upload to Photobucket, will try and get em up shortly.
                      I heard they were "wakeboarding"n the pit's today due too lack of action on the track.
                      2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Anyone wanna buy an engine?

Aston

Lamborghini

Anyone fancy a new R8? One for each day of the week!!!

Porsche GT3

Cant believe I caught one with a “point n shoot” camera

I’d stick my ear in there all day to hear that noise!!!

One of my fave’s of the day….the Ascari

Phoenix Yellow with a wee cheeky sticker

Simons E60

Last but not least, proof of the incredible “upside down” speedcar
                        2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

thanks for sharing the pix... :bow: now post some more pics if you have any left :D

Comment

thanx for posting my car's pic :D, doesnt anybody have a photo for all the cars that were in the event in 1 photo

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics BB :thanks2:

I like Akanso's quote on his car, "Dont stare, your sister maybe inside".. :rofl: Take it off bro before you get held up for that sticker..
                              Last edited by SSense; 07-12-2008, 04:18 AM.

Comment

+1 on the sticker

And, :WTF: happend to the SpeedCar ?? Were they using the Club Circuit for him to flip off the chicayne ?
                                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                                X