May i suggest to the mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May i suggest to the mods...

...that as the Jebel Hafeet thread is now locked, you put a nice big JEBEL HAFEET TRIP CANCELLED notice somewhere, either by PM, home page announcement or by a thread. People will be logging on here later for news but as the official meet thread is locked it will not appear in "New Posts" and you run the risk that someone is going to not get the message.

I only found out by chancing upon Ayham's message, and all messages up that point gave no hint that the trip was off. The last thing you want is for people to not realise and then turn up at the agreed meeting point.

Shame, because it was promising to be a cracker.
    theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
    Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
    Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
    Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

ok i put an ON HOLD notice on the original thread title & first post..

thanks

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Phil.

The last post of that thread is indicating that the event is canceled in red so it's noticeable. Also, Bruno posted the announcement that can be seen in any forum here. :) We've contacted the other clubs heads, FB msged participants, and put notice on all participating clubs forums.

AS much as you guys are disappointed, we are disappointed. It won't be long till we re-host it again.

Comment

At least I had a nice round of golf this morning :)

But I've been having problems accessing this forum for the past few days, and it was just luck that I spoke with batfink21 from the VW Club and found out that the trip had been cancelled.

There needs to be a better way to arrange such meetings and to send out event updates. We can look at the following options:

1. Google Calendar (send invites, updates, etc - will require email addressed of all participants)
        2. SMS (sometimes takes hours to transmit due to network congestion)
        3. Email (will require that organizer has email addresses of all confirmed attendees)
        4. Facebook event (send invites, updates, etc - will require all participants to have a Facebook account)

My recommendation is to go for either option 1 or option 3 if there is a concern about cost of sending out SMSs. Option 2 is not viable if the cancellation is within 24 hours of the launch.

Also, were the admins/representatives from the other invited forums/groups informed?

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

and the best thing is today its sunny day and if we are in the way to alein now its to amazing ;)
          To Die For E30 ... :hi:

Comment

Imagine that...Can't believe our luck!

Ghoonk, aren't you getting notifications from the website through your email? We used to organize our events through FB and the Club's email, but emailing all the members is a VERY tedious task and, guess what? Some people will still miss out on the info.

This is why there is a forum, to replace FB and emailing all the prticipants every event regarding each and every update. We've combined that with calling club heads and posting on these clubs that the event is cancelled for the mentioned reasons. No matter how you do it, you will still find out someone who didn't know. Sad, but true.

Regarding the technical difficulties accessing the website, I still can't believe how factors piled in to delay the event! Just when we need the forums the most they're down for the host is updating their server. I'm glad there was no damage this time, though the potential is high.

But I guess the delay has favored one of our members who's put back his E39 M5 together to prepare it for the drive and discovered today he has an engine oil leak through a misplaced engine valve gasket. HE could've blown that precious motor on the climb up. :) Not making it an excuse ofcourse, just saying God has His ways with things.

Yalla, the remake will be soon guys. Wait a lil' longer.

Comment

i didn't get any notifications of the cancellation, but i do get notifications about updates to thread, but it doesn't send me more updates if I do not open the link, and sometimes I cannot open the link because I cannot access the site.

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

here's what you missed

[youtube]aPciQh_CuCg[/youtube]
                Last edited by M_Powerholic; 29-11-2008, 10:53 PM. Reason: Added youtube plug-in...

Comment

^ Thanks for sharing it with us batfink... :)
                  But you guys did the drive only ? ( No BBQ ) ??
                  And are you joining us on the coming event ?
                  sigpic
                  07' HFP Accord | Current
                  HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
                    ^ Thanks for sharing it with us batfink... :)
                    But you guys did the drive only ? ( No BBQ ) ??
                    And are you joining us on the coming event ?
                    yeah we just did the drive, it was too late to organise a bbq of our own.

You've rescheduled for the 1st of January? I think I'll either be back in the UK or incredibly hungover!!

looking forward to getting together with you guys though, German cars all together!!

:woot:

Comment

Nice drive batfink !

What camera were you using, if you don't mind me asking ?
                      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

No, until now there is no date. The FB date is there because you have to have a date in there in case you cancel, so it shows as January 1st.

Comment

the video looks cool.
                          sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                          2006 Z4M - SOLD
                          1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                          2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                          2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                          2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                          2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                          1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                          2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                            But I guess the delay has favored one of our members who's put back his E39 M5 together to prepare it for the drive and discovered today he has an engine oil leak through a misplaced engine valve gasket. HE could've blown that precious motor on the climb up. :)
                            God works in mysterious ways:woot:
                            That climb would have made some serious damage to the S62. Inshallah it'll be ready for the next trip.
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                            Schrick cams
                            Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                            Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                            KW Coilovers V3
                            WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

I really thank God the event got postponed alquazi, seriouly your good ! Now you better cross check before taking that S62 anywhere out..

Comment

Working...
                              X