What do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i graduated with a bachelor degree in finance science last June

Currently Working as a Development Analyst in a newly-established Real Estate company.

i noticed most of the ppl here are either engineers or ppl that has something to do with banking/investment xD
    Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
    19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
    M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

Well, here comes another engineer.

I have a dire passion for everything that has to do with aircraft and engines. BMW is my other passion but I do love Mercedes too...(whispering)

I have a bachelor degree in Aerospace Engineering. Three years experience at DHL International (Aviation) as hub logistics handler working with customer planning departments and cargo operations. I finished my degree in 2006 and have worked as design engineer for an Engine & APU Wiring design & manufacturing company (Stork). Now looking for international experience and career building.

Wazif and I have something in common I see !!!!

Finally...engineering friends :blah:
      Last edited by Jonsibal; 06-02-2009, 03:18 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

for a second i thought wazif was stating that.

Comment

I just see ths forum. Here comes one more engineer.
          I have graduated as civil engineer and havie an MBA degree.
          Currently working for Dubai Metro Project. I am dealing with planning, budgeting and cost control issues.
          sigpic
          Current
          2005 Ford Explorer
          History
          2006 Dodge Durango 5.7
          2001 323ci (Manual) :bmw3:
          2002 Ford Escape 3.0
          2000 Peugeot 306 1.6
          1983 E30 3.18ci (My first love):bmwfan:

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsibal View Post
            Well, here comes another engineer.

I have a dire passion for everything that has to do with aircraft and engines. BMW is my other passion but I do love Mercedes too...(whispering)

I have a bachelor degree in Aerospace Engineering. Three years experience at DHL International (Aviation) as hub logistics handler working with customer planning departments and cargo operations. I finished my degree in 2006 and have worked as design engineer for an Engine & APU Wiring design & manufacturing company (Stork). Now looking for international experience and career building.

Wazif and I have something in common I see !!!!

Finally...engineering friends :blah:

Great to meet a fellow Aero engineer and enthusiast! :)...

I am with FedEx Express now...in the planning and engineering dept. I spent two year looking for a job in the aircraft maintenance side...but no luck :(..

I very badly miss being next aircrafts and gettin my hands dirty!...

I wish u all the best Jonsibal! hope you get the job u want... :)

Emirates, Etihad, Connexus....these are companies you can apply with on the maintenance side...
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks for your reply Wazif.
              I reckon you are a Dubai local as you said you've been looking for two years in the maintanance industry? Because here in Europe, jobs are widely available....although, somewhat less than before this crisis started.
              Thanks for the indications. I'm searching my azz off, but I'm not having succes at the moment. Just missed a perfect opp. :cursing:

Where did you apply for the FedEx Engineering dept? Maybe I join you someday...so we can talk aircraft and BMW engines all day long hahaha ;)

Seriously :fart:
              sigpic

Comment

definitely!...we should do that...

I applied through this recruitment company Kershaw Leonard... google them...and submit your resume...

I am not a Dubai national even though I was born and brought up here :)...
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

It's an amazing Topic :D

I have done computer engineering degree in 2007 from Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST), working now in HIS Project (Hostipality Information System Project) at Abu Dhabi, dealing with lot of issues like: infrastructure, financial products and Applications.

My love is to work as fighter pilot or in aircrafts systems as aircrafts engineer but my family didn't approve to go to Greece to study this field there :( I am trying to find job in this area as I have good electrical back ground.

Planning for master degree in UK soon.

Comment

Surprise surprise! Here's ANOTHER engineer! Lool I studied electronic engineering, and worked for Schlumberger for 4 years. (Ayham, I'm guessing that you're ex-slb yourself?) I currently work for a company called Expro, and I run downhole video cameras in production wells to help diagnose complex problems. It's similar to the endoscopy that doctors put into your stomach to check for ulcers 'n stuff, except this is for oil/gas wells. It's extremely interesting and rewarding when we get good results!
                    The only problem is that since i'm a field engineer, my time is not my own. I'm literally on call 24/7 and am always on the move. I'm constantly hopping from one country to another. I cover the Middle East and North Africa, with Oman and & Qatar being the busiest locations. I've been to Egypt a couple of times and was meant to go to Algeria & Libya a couple of months ago. That's why it's always difficult for me to commit to any programs the bmw club organises. I had to take a holiday for the HPDS day on the 29th so I can guarantee to be able to attend it! lol :D

Comment

I've heard horror stories about oil-field related professions !
                      Good luck dude !
                      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Why is it that over 50% of BMW enthusiasts are engineers all over the globe?

Graduated back in 97 with a BS (double major) in Marketing and Management. Worked for Metlife Securities as a Financial Planner (as in personal financial planning). Went to grad school, got my MBA in Finance and Strategy, joined a French firm called Sodexho (formerly Sodexho Marriott). Worked in Strategic Planning group for 2 years and then to Corporate Finance (treasury/control side) for 5 years. Now working for Dubai World Central (Govt. Dubai dealing with the new Jabel Ali Airport). I am responsible for Budgeting/Planning for the entire business & corporate units but since it’s a startup, get to wear different hats.

Someone on the forum listed they like buildings. I love building homes and before I walk away from the planet, I would like to develop a single family residential gig (10-12 homes nothing crazy). Love architecture and design (99% contemporary or retro modern), working out (at DIFC, there almost daily from 5-6ish so can meet up with the rest of you later on). I would like to get into a book club focusing on small business procurement/valuation (if it interests anyone ;) and race driving techniques (eg. Ross Bentley et all). Love foreign films (can speak Spanish – enough to get by).

I like falling over too ;) hit me up if you guys want to meet up for some adult beverage, I always need a reason (however now limited to one night of the week). My new favorite juice is Cacacha.

Lutfy

Comment

Nice idea, i came from Business background, spent the last 4 years as Mutual Fund's assistant for ADCB, was your client as well Bruno:) but i’m now with Abu Dhabi Investment Council-Risk Management as an administrator assistant, the council basically invest the government oil yields all over the world, and we in Risk assess the departments investments Risk wise, liquidity, operation, credit and others.. Interesting job, nice atmosphere, lots of suspense after the crises :) i basically do the administration work for Risk like reporting, tracking and coordinating...

Comment

ADCB is a big client...nice to know that we have some members who deal with financial numbers

Comment

50% of BMW enthusiasts are all engineers cause we love, appreciate and understand the magnificent engineering work put into designing, developing, manufacturing and experiencing a BMW ;)
                              Current
                              E92 M3 - Mineral White
                              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                              E36 318is
                              E39 540i ///M sport
                              VW CC
                              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                                50% of BMW enthusiasts are all engineers cause we love, appreciate and understand the magnificent engineering work put into designing, developing, manufacturing and experiencing a BMW ;)
                                :iagree:

Comment

Working...
                                X