Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M4 GTS in Dubai?

BMW M4 Coupé : BMW M4 GTS

Curious to know what you guys think of it and whether you know if the UAE BMW dealers are getting a few of them?

Its the same price as the 911 GT3.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Would be interesting if they actually did bring any piece here. I think it'll be only by pre-order
      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
      eMail:
      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
        Its the same price as the 911 GT3.
        I think it could out perform the GT3 but not the GT3 RS

"At 7:28 minutes, the new BMW M4 GTS is quicker than the Porsche Carrera GT, Mercedes SLS AMG GT, Porsche 911 GT2 and on par with Ferrari 458 Italia and McLaren MP4-12C. Ahead of the M4 GTS is the almighty Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 with 7:27 minutes."
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Those are impressive figures!!! To you point tho. The RS is a whole other price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
            I think it could out perform the GT3 but not the GT3 RS

"At 7:28 minutes, the new BMW M4 GTS is quicker than the Porsche Carrera GT, Mercedes SLS AMG GT, Porsche 911 GT2 and on par with Ferrari 458 Italia and McLaren MP4-12C. Ahead of the M4 GTS is the almighty Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 with 7:27 minutes."

I don't think so.

GT3
            Power: 475hp
            Weight: 1430 KG

GTS
            Power: 431hp
            Weight: 1572 KG

- - - - - - - - - -

Plus the GT3 will have better traction, turning and less drivetrain loss.
            sigpic

Comment

But the GT3 has the engine in the wrong place ;) the new M4 qualifies as front mid-engine layout.

Comment

Nurburgring Nordschleife lap times - FastestLaps.com

Check out the lap times here. 991 GT3 RS actually on par with M4 GTS... Sure makes the GTS look like a bargain now ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                  I don't think so.

GT3
                  Power: 475hp
                  Weight: 1430 KG

GTS
                  Power: 431hp
                  Weight: 1572 KG

- - - - - - - - - -

Plus the GT3 will have better traction, turning and less drivetrain loss.
                  Actually. Small correction: M4 GTS makes 493hp and 442 lbs/ft of torque. It also tips the scales at 1513 kgs.

Comment

Originally posted by chifo View Post
                    But the GT3 has the engine in the wrong place ;) the new M4 qualifies as front mid-engine layout.

Actually, the GT3's engine is in the right place. The M4 is not a front mid-engine layout.

- - - - - - - - - -

Nurburgring Nordschleife lap times - FastestLaps.com

Check out the lap times here. 991 GT3 RS actually on par with M4 GTS... Sure makes the GTS look like a bargain now ;)

Unfortunately, I have no faith in the ring lap times.

Nope. I would still get the GT3.

- - - - - - - - - -

Actually. Small correction: M4 GTS makes 493hp and 442 lbs/ft of torque. It also tips the scales at 1513 kgs.

That is correct. My bad. But the GTS is still 80kgs heavier than the GT3.
                    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Hasan Shaikh;144124]Actually, the GT3's engine is in the right place. The M4 is not a front mid-engine layout.

- - - - - - - - - -

Actually you're right the M4 is not, I was pushing it a little. But despite Porsche pushing the engine 6 inches forward compared to previous models, you can not argue that the having the engine sitting on the tail of the car is the optimal location for it...

But since you seem to have a 911 preference, would you pay a $45K premium to get the RS! Thats the actual spread between a regular GT3 and an RS. Mind you that said, its probably the same spread between a standard M4 and the GTS. I guess this is probably why these cars draw up some many comparisons...

I will grant you the simple fact that the RS has lot more racing heritage/experience that the newly tech-inspired M4 GTS. I can not deny that!

Good discussion tho...

Comment

Yes. Very good discussion.

I do have a preference for Porsche cars.

I would go for the GT3 and not bother with the RS.

The GTS is about twice the price of a regular M4.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice discussion....now i think we should have opened a new thread and called it M4 GTS vs 991 GT3 :P

The 991 GT3 is very well engineered. It also has some tech in there which the M4 GTS doesnt have (like the all wheel steering). That being said, hats off to the BMW engineers for creating a car that is as good (and possibly better) than the GT3.
                          Current
                          E92 M3 - Mineral White
                          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                          E36 318is
                          E39 540i ///M sport
                          VW CC
                          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

You have to admit that this new water-cooled combustion chamber technology that allows to generate more horsepower is quite something!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X