Porsche threatening to sue Nissan over ad campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsche threatening to sue Nissan over ad campaign

Yet another heated marketing battle is on in the automotive industry. This time, it is between Nissan and Porsche, with BMW and Audi also involved.

The dispute is over Nissan's guerilla marketing tactics used during, and in the run-up to, the Goodwood Festival of Speed. At the UK event, Nissan emblazoned the sides of several vehicles with the logos of Porsche, BMW and Audi, with a series of tally marks next to each. The tallies represent each time a Nissan car, presumably the 350Z based on the ad shown here, beat out one of its rivals at the Nurburgring.

The use of their crest had Porsche crying foul. Their executive team told Nissan to remove the logo, or face legal action for copyright infringement. Nissan responded by replacing the shield with the word "Porsche."

Other marketing and advertising campaigns by Nissan include the lines "Kaisers Chiefed," "The Winner Hans Down," and "The Germans Came Off Wurst." A massive billboard wrapping around the Imax theatre in London has the tagline "How to beat the Germans."
    Source: WCF

why would someone do that ya3ni .. -_-
    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
      why would someone do that ya3ni .. -_-
      science people call it " Inferiority Complex "

i call it... nothing, i just beat the heck out of their arse at track

Comment

They have no case....Western media laws allow this kind of marketing. The best come back is to give them a taste of their medicine, or as Pathfinder said, give 'em an arse whooping on the track.

Comment

I find it HILARIOUS!

LOL @ Pathfinder!

Past Ride: E39 530i
          Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
          Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

i would love to see bmw audi and porsche group up in a one sided batle in destroying nissan.

but since we've seen some bright BMW moments in the past few months. they will send nissan their dogs " MINI Power!"

can't wait to see an add, Mini challenges Nissan :rofl:

Comment

haters :P
              I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

"The winner Hans down" is an insult, that's over the line.
                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

:rofl2:
                  sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

pfffft... just what we need, a jap car challenging ze Germans.. this is just stupid!

+1 to inferiority complex! Bedewi... shame on u! always on the wrong side!
                    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      i would love to see bmw audi and porsche group up in a one sided batle in destroying nissan.

but since we've seen some bright BMW moments in the past few months. they will send nissan their dogs " MINI Power!"

can't wait to see an add, Mini challenges Nissan :rofl:
                      lol...i like that idea!
                      Current
                      E92 M3 - Mineral White
                      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                      E36 318is
                      E39 540i ///M sport
                      VW CC
                      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

New Nissan 370Z and GT-R Ads Poke fun at its German competitors

Last automaker to join the “online advertising war” is Nissan. While in the past we have seen BMW and Audi, or Mercedes going at it, now it’s Nissan’s turn to take on all the German premium brands. The new aggressive advertising campaign brings the Nissan 370z and GT-R into the spotlight. The Japanese company launched a series of banners and ads in the UK highlighting the performance of their automobiles at a much more affordable price than their German competitors.

The unconventional, bold and daring campaign uses expressions like “The Winner Hans Down,” “The Germans Came Off Wurst,” “Kaisers Chiefed” and “Deutschland Deutschland Über-Rated”.

But Nissan hasn’t stopped here and decided to take this to the next level. The dressed up an Audi TTS with a print on the car saying “More expensive, slower and less powerful than a Nissan 370Z”, while driving the German roadster on the streets of London.

Porsche Cayman was next and its printed message said: “I dream of being as fast as a Nissan 370Z”…..and Nissan is quite proud of this. According to Steve McLennan, marketing director, “Nissan is confident in the ability of 370Z and GT-R to eclipse our comparable German rivals in terms of outright performance and accessibility and it’s now time to shout about it.” Talk about confidence……

The campaign is far from being over and the next one to have a painted target on their backs are the BMW Z4 and Porsche Boxter.

Nissan prides themselves on building the 370z with a naturally aspirated 3.7 liters V6, outputting 331 horsepower. The 370z goes against the BMW Z4 sDrive35i.

The first outdoor poster concerning the 370Z went on display on the huge 360-degree 47ft tall BFI IMAX billboard at Waterloo, London.

We look forward to the BMW Z4-related ads…

Source: bmwblog

Comment

That's childish..

Comment

its photoshoped !

@ Nissan ..like seriously ! u wanna mess with the best german car manufacturers ?

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                            Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

is the name of the add (nissan can dream) ?

:laughhard: this add is very funny and cheap :blah:

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                              E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                              E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                              E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                              E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                              E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                              E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                              E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

Working...
                              X